Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tvaslim Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2008, 09:30 AM
    Accounting, adjusting entries
    The Ritz Manor is a popular seaside resort. A double room costs $220 for one night. In order to reserve a room, guests must pay one night’s stay in advance. On each floor of the hotel, Vendalite Company operates vending machines with energy bars, juices, and other snacks for guests. Vendalite stocks the machines and collects revenue every week. Total average weekly revenue from these machines is $720. The Ritz Manor is entitled to 30% of the revenue from the machines. Vendalite sends a check to the Ritz Manor once at the end of each quarter for the resort’s share of the revenue.

Based on this information, what type of adjusting entries does Ritz Manor have?
    How are the amounts of the adjustments determined?
    Which accounts are affected?
    MaggieMouse Posts: 226, Reputation: 8

Mar 12, 2008, 05:00 PM
    Rooms: when the customer reserved a room and paid $220 upfront, Dr. cash Cr. Unearned revenue. Assuming it's non-refundable deposit, When the customer checked out after 3 nights, Dr. Unearned Revenue, Cr. Revenue for 1 nights, Dr. Cash, Cr. Revenue for 2 nights.

Vending machine: Assuming the vending machine company does not funish a report of the amount they collected each week, by the end of the month, Dr. receivable, Cr. Revenue, using the estimated amount, $720x30%xnumber of weeks. At quarter-end when cash is received, make a reverse entry for the accrual, then Dr. Cash, Cr. Revenue, using the amount actually received from the vending mahcine company.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adjusting Entries and Closing Entries [ 6 Answers ]

The Flash Pan Company manufactures cooking products. On August 1, 2007, the company borrowed $125,000 from creditors. Semiannual interest payments of $7,500 are to be made to creditors beginning January 31, 2008. On July 1, 2007, the company purchased a 1-year insurance policy for $10,000 and...

Adjusting Entries [ 1 Answers ]

I am so lost with doing the analysis of adjusting entries. It is the worst thing I have had to do all semester. The teacher I have loves his accounting, but keeps the pace going quickly. Can someone help me?

Adjusting entries [ 2 Answers ]

A company is just finishing its second year of operations and at October 31, 2005 shows an unadjusted trial balance with the following amounts: Consulting Fees Earned $157,300 It was discovered that $3,000 of the balance in the Consulting Fees Earned account was for services to be...

Adjusting entries [ 3 Answers ]

How should I calculate and record the adjusting entry presented below in the trial balance on December 31,2005: On November 1, 2005 a company agreed to do a six-month course for a client, with a monthly fee of $2,200. The client paid the first five months' fees in advance. When the cash was...

Accounting Adjusting entries [ 3 Answers ]

Hasterson has a five-day work week and pays salaries of $70,000 each Friday 1 Make the adjusting entry required on July 31, assuming that August 1 falls on a Wednesday. 2 Make the entry to pay the salaries on August 3. Thanks!!

View more questions Search