Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Schmidtler Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2008, 07:16 AM
    Applying mud and tape
    I hope this isn't a dumb question!! I'm going to use metal trim to create my rounded corners. Do I tape the seems between my ceiling and walls before I nail the metal corner trim in place? I hope the question makes sense.

Thanks,

Gregg
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Mar 11, 2008, 07:58 AM
    Assuming that by rounded corners you mean installing the regular corner bead, it really doesn't matter. Normally the corner bead is installed by the drywall hanger and the taping is done by the finisher. That means that the corner bead is done first but it doesn't matter.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 11, 2008, 08:18 AM
    I agree with Harold once again, doesn't much matter. What does matter is how you do your mud job and I'm guessing you are new to this. There are several products out there that can make the task easier and look better. If you want help in that area lets us know. In closing I might mention that the corner bead is better screwed than nailed but there are some out there that just have a paper strip along the side to give the mud more adhesion.
    Schmidtler Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2008, 08:29 AM
    Thanks for the help.

Schmidt
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

Mar 11, 2008, 07:11 PM
    Put the tape on first then the metal... thats what I do. I guess it really doenst matter really.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Drywall Mud bubbles [ 6 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, I'm new to this forum, great tips and ideas from what I can see. I am applying Sheetrock 90 as my drywall mud, as I apply it tiny bubbles appear in the mud. The bubbles are forming, not being applied. Would this be a water quality issue when mixing the compound. I am doing my final...

Mud in the ear! [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have 2 airedales, one of them has developed a pain in the ear! He has what I heard on a search for such problems as a muddy like substance in his left ear. I was able to gently q tip it out but its still stinky and it is very tender. I see no raw or abnormities on the ear flap. Did I read...

Concrete slab on mud [ 2 Answers ]

Last week I had a local concrete company form and pour a monolithioc slab for a garage. The ground was soft top soil and I was concerned about it being soft. It did later compact an was very hard, but then it rained and was a big soupy mess. They came on out and covered it with plastic and poured...

I'm in a big mud puddle - not sure what to do. [ 8 Answers ]

I have really been unexperienced when it comes to intamacy - I have no idea why - I always had a low-self esteem thing going. My friends say that I'm not a bad looking guy, so I really am not sure why I struggled in this department, but the oppurtunity never arrised or I never took enough risks....

View more questions Search