Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aife1965 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2008, 07:47 PM
    Can a minor ask for a custody hearing?
    In the state of California, can a 16 year old ask for a custody hearing to disolve parental guardianship and then have guardianship granted to someone who is not related?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 10, 2008, 07:57 PM
    No, a 16 year old could hire an attorney and seek emansipation, but the people he wants to become legal guardian, will have to bring the court action and prove your current parents are unfit, and that they are a danger or they are some threat to the 16 year old.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Custody review hearing and drug testing of a parent issues and concerns [ 3 Answers ]

On Jan. 19 2006 temporary joint legal custody was granted to my ex and myself with primary physical custody granted to the father and supervised visitation on Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m granted to myself. The reason for this was I failed a drug test in court the day of first hearing. The catch...

With a minor [ 6 Answers ]

I'm from New Mexico. I have a girlfriend that is 15 and I'm 19. We're just going out and not doing anything like 'doing it'. I was wondering if there is anyway that we or should I say I could get in trougle for that. I can't find any laws against that, but I have for sex. Sex is out of the question...

How to prepare for custody hearing [ 1 Answers ]

I need any credible information on what I need to prepare for a custody hearing with no legal representation. I am unable to afford it now, but need to do anything to get my daughter out of her extremely damaging situation. This comes from a father who is completely devoted to providing a...

Preparing for custody hearing for my 12 year old daughter [ 8 Answers ]

My 12 year old daughter, currently live with her father and his wife. Over the past year, my daughter has been subjected to violent arguments between her dad and step mom, sometimes brought into the fight and asked to take sides. Her father is emotionally abusing her, speaking badly about me and...

Theft by a minor, HELP [ 5 Answers ]

Im 17 and about a year ago I was working at Sheetz, the convience store. I was having money problems at the time and car problems. Another employee asked me if I wanted to make some extra money. I was excited and said yes. A couple days later he explained it to me how it worked. Basically when a...

View more questions Search