Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    olivia71852 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2008, 04:49 PM
    High school love
    I recently became widowed. I have never forgotten my first love in high school after 45 years. I have been in contact with him and would like to become friends with him once again. What do you think I should do? I think the high school love was more on my part. Since he still talks to me, do you think I have a chance of becoming involved with him.
    rachel101 Posts: 77, Reputation: 19

Mar 10, 2008, 05:46 PM
    I think life is too short to spend much time speculating on "what if". I think if he is a single guy then there's no harm in exploring this but I also think we make problems for ourselves when we enter situations with expectations.
    You knew this man, was he sensitive or a jerk in high school. It's likely he's the same type of person, just older. Is he someone you can be vulnerable with? Maybe it's too soon to be vulnerable and you just want to be friends until you know who he has become. You can set your boundaries and the terms of your relationships and only you can decide if the timing is right or not. You know in your heart if you have a chance or not so just be honest with yourself about it. If this is just friendship then be glad for the friendship... I've always found friends a lot harder to come by than lovers anyway.
    Just my opinions.
    mjl Posts: 486, Reputation: 26

Mar 10, 2008, 05:50 PM
    I'd go for it... you don't have anything to loose right. First, I'd make sure he isn't already married though.
    lostsoul29 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2008, 03:53 PM
    Id go for it if he's single... its crazy how your high school loves mean so much :D
    Jiser Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 281
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2008, 05:53 PM
    Yeh ditto. Go for it. If he has a family, wife etc be cautious. Maybe you can be friends in that case?

Anyway what an amazing feeling to be in contact with someone after so long. Good luck ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Night school for high school-aged people [ 15 Answers ]

I heard about there being night school for high school kids. In fact, I think a friend of a friend went to night school when I was in jr. high. I've searched Google, and can't find any listings or info for night schools in PA. Does anyone know if they exist for high schoolers, and where I could...

I still love my high school sweetheart [ 10 Answers ]

The man I love is married and he says he is going to leave his wife for me. He says he still loves me and wants me back as his wife. I don't know what to think I love him still as well. Alls we do is talk about how much we love one another and how much we miss one another. I have a feeling that it...

High School [ 1 Answers ]

How can I get my diploma by going to night school

Just another high school love story? [ 2 Answers ]

In the past week , I've had a group of guys saying there friendlikes me (there all a year older then me) I want to get there friends e-mail or something in oder to see what he truly thinks but I would to make sure I don't scare him off because s\hes a great guy. How should aproche him and just ask...

High school [ 7 Answers ]

Why is high schoool is too hard for me?

View more questions Search