Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    edmond750 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2008, 02:09 PM
    When is the eviction process necessary?
    My tenant moved three loads of her property out and then informed me I had to evict her because she is going to leave some of her stuff there. She owes back rent and has broken her lease in other ways also. If her stuff is there, but she is not living there, do I have to go through the eviction process or can I just put her stuff out and re rent the property? Also, if all she left was a couple of things, i.e. toothbrush, it that enough to consider her living there to the courts? She was very belgerent when she moved her stuff out and did not give any notice. What is considered "residing" or "possession" of the tenant?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 10, 2008, 02:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by edmond750
    My tennant moved three loads of her property out and then informed me I had to evict her because she is going to leave some of her stuff there. She owes back rent and has broken her lease in other ways also. If her stuff is there, but she is not living there, do I have to go through the eviction process or can I just put her stuff out and re rent the property? Also, if all she left was a couple of things, i.e. toothbrush, it that enough to consider her living there to the courts? She was very belgerent when she moved her stuff out and did not give any notice. What is considered "residing" or "possession" of the tennant?

Eviction varies from State to State - and, yes, you have to evict her from what I read into this. As soon as you get into Court the Judge can rule whether the tenant lives there or is simply leaving property there to annoy you.
    Cvillecpm Posts: 553, Reputation: 28

Mar 10, 2008, 02:25 PM
    You need to learn the ABANDONED property statutes of your state... you may just need to move her belongings to a self-storage facility, notify her how to get her items, change the locks and re-rent your property. If there are utilities in her name, transfer them to your name IMMEDIATELY and determine if she has a forwarding order in for her mail through USPS

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Eviction process [ 2 Answers ]

I am going to evict a tenant for non payment of rent and understand Florida law but what happens to the tenant's property not removed by the date the tenant can't come back on the property... Jim

Eviction process [ 5 Answers ]

OK here's the situation I have lived in the same place for almost 8 years we have 4 children and a year ago our landlord sold the apt buildings we live in to someone else right then it started with you need to get the yard cleaned up and get rid of the dog that you have and so we clean up the yard...

Can someone tell me what is the whole eviction process [ 1 Answers ]

How do I evict someone who is not a tenant and refuses to leave the property in the State of California.

Eviction process [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I live in Las Vegas NV and I am not sure what the laws are here in regards to the eviction process. I am a Tenant who has had a set back in my career. Our Landlords are giving us some time but I would like to know what the steps are in the eviction process. If you could please give me some...

Eviction process [ 4 Answers ]

After I have been served a three day notice and I still haven't paid the rent, do I still have an opportunity after that to pay the rent?

View more questions Search