Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    deutschra Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2008, 11:08 AM
    Long hair cat gets poop matted in his rear and leg hair
    My Ragdoll cat gets poop on the hair of his behind and legs when he squatts to poop. Can the hair be cut to minimize this/ If so can it be cut short or just trimmed a bit with a scissors?
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2008, 12:14 PM
    I would say that you should wash the hair first, and then, with clean scissors, trim the hair, yes. Don't shave him bald though or cut too close to the skin.
    razor96 Posts: 87, Reputation: 8

Mar 10, 2008, 12:40 PM
    Try changing his/her food to a dry food and extra water, it will change the stools

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dry and frizzy hair from leaving hair coloring on too long. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I usually color my hair every four weeks to cover up the gray. I use the same color " medium copper brown" which is a little lighter than my natural color. The last time I colored my hair, I left it on for too long, almost an hour, I was talking on the telephone and didn't notice the...

Leg hair [ 1 Answers ]

Hey, I'm 17 and I have a quite a lot of leg hair. Most all of my friends do not have near this much. It bothers me cause I have quite a bit on my upper legs and thighs too. I think that it is unattractive and does not look good. I don't want to shave my legs because that is not the look I was going...

Long haired, matted cat [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have a long haired cat. I have had her for 3 years and never experienced this problem. She has a clump of feces matted into the hair on her behind. It is a pretty big clump.I have tried to get it off but she will not allow it. Now she is starting to stink and it is stuck in her fur...

Long Hair Cat [ 6 Answers ]

My cat has very long hair. I try to get her grommed 4 times a year. But I can not afford this being on disability myself. How long will her hair keep growing ? Keeps getting longer & longer & etc.

How long does cat hair take to grow back? [ 2 Answers ]

We adopted 2 cats 10 months ago from the Animal Rescue Center. One cat was 5 months old at the time. He is a black and white, medium length haired cat. When we got him, the hair on his abdomen was like someone had shaved him. The ARC didn't have any back ground information on him but did say...

View more questions Search