Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    saarch Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2008, 08:56 AM
    Replacing basin
    What to do when you want to change a two hole tap basin to a one hole tap?
    The pipes are separate for hot and cold water, is there a connector we can buy from a DIY shop in order to link the two existing pipes and turning it into one to fix a mixer tap ?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Mar 10, 2008, 09:08 AM
    If I get this question right... you can install a sink hole cover (see pics.) in 1 hole and then use the other for your faucet. Or you could install a soap dispenser (see other pic.) in one and the faucet in other.

The fittings will depend on your faucet and the type of piping under your sink now.

And now, you don't want to hook pipes together underneath...right? That would be a cross connection between hot and cold pipes (usually a bad thing). You want to hook both pipes to the faucet (which is a mixing valve in a way... huh?)... yes? Or is this something different?

Get back to me with information... Thanks... Mark
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gurgling in basin [ 2 Answers ]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hi I have a two bed house,when I have a shower, every now and then the basin next to the bath(where I'm having a shower)gurgles,can you tell me why please, my house is only ten years old I would like to know WHY it...

Replacing my shower basin [ 2 Answers ]

I am replacing my shower basin but am having a hard Time removing the brass ring. The basin is flush with the ring, then there is about a 1/2" space then the drain pipe. The space in between the ring and the pipe looks like it is apart of the ring, I'm not really sure. It looks like there should be...

Basin wrench [ 2 Answers ]

How do a use a basin wrench?

Basin trap [ 6 Answers ]

I need to know what is the difference between a P-trap which has a U shape with a horizontal pipe and the bottle trap which consists of a horizontal & a vertical tube with a removable cup at the bottom. What's the use of each one?

Basin wrench [ 6 Answers ]

I know this is a stupid question, but how do you use a basin wrench? I had the hardest time getting my spray hose undetached from under my kitchen sink. I have a basin wrench, it just didn't work for me. What am I doing wrong? [email protected]

View more questions Search