Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kindj Posts: 253, Reputation: 105

Mar 10, 2008, 08:53 AM
    The Seven Letters
    In the Book of Revelation, we are given seven letters to the churches. I just read an interesting article that ponders what such letters to today's churches might look like. If you're interested, it's here: Letters to the Church | Articles | BuildingChurchLeaders.com

My question is what do you think such letters to the church(es) today would read like? What do you think the Lord would tell us?
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2008, 09:03 AM
    All sorts of things that we don't want to hear *lol*

In all seriousness, we as humans never want to admit when we're wrong. This is why we have such a hard time apologizing for the things we say and do. So instead of admitting that we're wrong, we just search until we find someone who agrees with our actions and tells us that we're a good person. That way, we never have to accept responsibility. We don't have to come up with an explanation for our choices because they've already gotten the "okay" from someone else. It makes life easier than having to humble ourselves.
    Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Mar 10, 2008, 09:53 AM
    Since the letters deal with things like false doctrine, apostacy, sexual sin, and false trust in perceived "success", I expect the message remains the same to us today.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Thank you letters [ 2 Answers ]

Anyone familiar with any sites that offering tips for writing thank you letters?

Thank you letters to cutomers [ 2 Answers ]

Tell me where I can find sample of thank you letters which I have to send to my good customers

Letters of introduction [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am sending out letters to introduce myself to potential employers. Does anyone know where I can get templates without having to purchase anything? Thanks Wes

Arabic Letters [ 3 Answers ]

What are the Arabic letters and how do I pronounce them and write them?

View more questions Search