Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skazmi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2006, 11:11 AM
    What is the difference between salary and wages
    If anyone could give me the answer to this question in a precise manner.the basic difference between salary and wage
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Feb 1, 2006, 08:16 AM
    Hi,
    Salary is having income, based on a yearly amount, usually divided up into 12 monthly payments (or could be twice a month).
    It also means working any hours, not usually set by the Management, which nornally means between 50 and 60 hours a week (depending on the company).
    It means usually having more responsibilities than an hourly worker.

Hourly employee means having responsibilities just for the specific job being done. Hourly pay is up to 40 hrs (in the US) per week, with 1 1/2 times that amount being normally paid per hour for any over 40 hrs a week.
    It also means, normally, working only 8 hours a day, unless overtime is approved. Salary can be 10 to 12 hours a day, depending on the company.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The difference between salary and hourly wages? [ 2 Answers ]

When hiring someone on a pemanent basis (full time) what are the pros and cons of the employer paying the employee salary opposed to wages? Thank you

Hourly And Salary Difference [ 4 Answers ]

I Should be Salary at my Job But my Boss Still Uses Time against me. I need to know how much paid vacation time, holiday time, and sick leave salary workers should get? By What I mean "my boss uses time agianst me" is that I am salary According to him(I think so he don't have to pay overtime...

Home country salary from US salary [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am a L1 visa holder from india and was working in Massachusetts from aug 2005 to dec 2005 as a contractor from my original company in india. I used to receive the US salary from aug 2005 to dec 2005 for which I have the W2. During the same period I also used to receive my indian...

The difference between salary and hourly wages? [ 2 Answers ]

When hiring someone on a permanent basis (full time) what are the pros and cons of the employer paying the employee salary opposed to wages? Thank you

View more questions Search