Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    galina3001 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2008, 07:00 AM
    Cancel used car sale contract
    I have bought a car from used car dealership. We could hardly make at home. The car does not run now. Could I cancel sale contract and return the car?
    Thank you
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2008, 07:38 AM
    On the paperwork you signed, there should be something indicating what type of warranty the vehicle was sold with. However, a lot of used car dealerships sell their vehicles "As Is" which means you accept the car in it's current condition. The upside is that the dealership needs to disclose any and all problems prior to you purchasing the vehicle. The downside is that if it was disclosed and you bought it anyway, then you're stuck with the car. There might also be different laws for the state that you're in regarding the time frame you have to notify the dealership and/or get a refund.
    Rookeworld6 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2008, 08:47 PM
    Be sure to check your state used dealer laws, because they vary. Generally if a vehicle is sold on a used lot and its pass a certain number of miles, or year then it normally doesn't come with a warranty and is sold as is. If there is any major issues with the car such as major frame damage or bad transmission, or a salvage title the dealer must disclose this.

However, I am located in a state where you may return a car for ANY reason within 3 days of purchase, even if its sold AS-IS, so check with your state. If the dealer is somewhat honerable it is usually is in his best interest to take it back in certain cases.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cancel a used car sale within 72 hours [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: can a used car purchase be canceled withen 72 hours?:(

Sale of Contract [ 1 Answers ]

Is it legal to reassign a sale of contract to someone else for a profit?

Contract to Deed sale [ 11 Answers ]

Hello, I am hoping to get some guidance. I have just put my home on the market to sell here in Florida. A man contacted me about it and said he purchases homes via Contract to Deed. He sent me an email describing what happens, came by and looked at the home and said that he would want to make...

View more questions Search