Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zylstra Posts: n/a, Reputation:

Jun 13, 2004, 11:57 PM
    Olympic Travel Package
    Where can I find out info on how to travel to the 2004 Olympics in Athens?  I would like info on where to stay, what to do when I'm there, the best deals, and how big the parties are going to be.  Yeah, Baby!

Thanks,
    R

Jun 14, 2004, 10:56 AM
    Olympics Travel Package
    I just found the info myself. The Seattle Times has a great article at http://archives.seattletimes.nwsourc...&date=20030803 . You'll have to register for free to see the article, but it's a good one. The best info tidbit is that one of the two official Olympic ticket resellers is www.cartan.com.

-R

Jul 20, 2004, 02:53 PM
    Olympics Travel Package
    I just wanted to give everyone an update of my findings. Cartan, interestingly enough, is in my city of Manhattan Beach. So I paid them a visit to ask them some questions. It turned out that their prices were very high and they didn't have many of their packages available anymore.

So for accommodations I saw an advertisement on Google for Vivian Russell Travel. Vivian was AWESOME! She got me a hotel for $2100 for 7 nights when everything else was absolutely sold out. And since I am traveling to Ibiza beforehand, and The Netherlands afterwards, she took care of my convoluted airfare - for only $2496.40. Anyway, I couldn't have afforded the Olympics without her, and I thank her very much.

As far as the tickets are concerned, you can find many ticket resellers on the web, but all of them are way overpriced. I relied on my Dad's European (Dutch) citizenship to be able to purchase the tickets directly from the source, http://www.tickets.athens2004.com/ . You can sign up for a membership at https://www.tickets.athens2004.com/member/ . I entered that I was a citizen of The Netherlands. However, you should read about ticket delivery and pick-up, and what identification is required in order for tickets to be released before you purchase anything. Since I purchased the tickets under my name, and I'm a US citizen, I'll have to come up with some story about how they're actually my Dad's tickets and that I just purchased them for him. I'm sure that the person at the Ticket Collection Point will accept my story.

For you I say, "Stick with it!" Where there's a will there's a way.

See you at the Olympics!

-zylstra

Oh, in case you want to know the full cost, here it is:

$2496.40 for my airfare - lax - (minneapolis - amsterdam - barcelona) - ibiza - (madrid) - athens - amsterdam - lax.
    $150.00 booking fee for my airfare.
    $628.20 for my dad's airfare - amsterdam - athens - amsterdam.
    $100.00 booking fee for my dad's airfare.
    $504.00 for 4 nights ibiza hotel.
    $2100.00 for 7 nights athens hotel.
    $346.50 for 4 athletic event tickets.
    $247.50 for 2 diving event tickets.
    $1238.00 for 2 closing ceremony tickets.

$7810.60 Total

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Want 1040 package [ 4 Answers ]

Is there any way I can get those idiots to send me a 1040 package every year instead of the 1040A? Once again, I have a capital gain, not a distribution and must file a 1040. So the big 1040A package they sent me goes to the landfill and I have to track down a 1040 and all the schedules I need. ...

Setup VB package [ 0 Answers ]

Hi.. When I want to run setup.exe for my VB package into Windows 2000 professional this message appeared ; "Setup cannot continue because some system files are out of date on your system. Click OK If you would like setup to update these files for you now. You will need to restart Windows...

The single video of 2002 Olympic Figure Skating [ 1 Answers ]

Hello: The subject video tape is available at Amazon.com for $20.00 but Amazon could not tell me if it included the part where Sarah Hughes reacted with such unadulterated joy when she learned she had won. (I saw it on TV and recorded it, but I cannot find my tape, PERIOD.) I could buy it...

View more questions Search