Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nikkicute Posts: 733, Reputation: 35

Mar 13, 2008, 10:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shaneze
    hi Janice
    Neutrogena...i ve seen on many sites that its a good sunscreen...
    Me too:

Consumer Reports just tested 20 sunscreens. Most say they're waterproof or water-resistant. They range from SPF 15 up to SPF 58, which refers to the protection from UVB rays.

Many products also promise protection against UVA rays. UVA rays cause skin cancer and wrinkles. UVB rays also cause skin cancer, as well as sunburn.

Consumer Reports hired a lab to test sunscreens on people's backs. Technicians weighed each product, so the same amount would be applied to small squares of skin. Some people were exposed to a dose of UVA radiation. Others got UVB rays. And if the products claimed water-resistance, those people sat in a tub of water and were scored again.

Geoff Martin, PhD, Consumer Reports: "All the sunscreens came within 10 percent of meeting their SPF claims for protection against UVB rays, but in our UVA tests, several products didn't do so well."

In the end, top ratings went to Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock, SPF 45, for $13. The tests show it offers excellent UVB and UVA protection.

No-Ad Sunblock Lotion SPF 45 is almost as good and costs far less. It's Consumer Reports "Best Buy."

rest of article
    shaneze Posts: 36, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2008, 03:11 PM
    Hi Nikkiecute
    Interesting article.
    If you're using Neutrogena sunscreen,can you tell me if it's greasy?and is it white color?I mean many sunscreen I tried ,it seems like you have put something white-grey on the face!lol
    And maybe the neutrogena 60or 70spf is better?
    nikkicute Posts: 733, Reputation: 35

Mar 13, 2008, 05:00 PM
    Hi Nikkiecute
    interesting article.
    if you're using Neutrogena sunscreen,can you tell me if it's greasy?and is it white color?i mean many sunscreen i tried ,it seems like you have put something white-grey on the face!lol
    and maybe the neutrogena 60or 70spf is better?
    You know the last time I was in Wal-Mart I had a hard time finding it.
    I'll have to go to Walgreens to see if I can find it but the product is
    Described as Dry Touch so I don't think it should feel greasy.

You can read reviews of the product on Amazon.com.
    The SPF 55 has 43 reviews you can read through.

Here is one review for SPF70 Version:

This product is almost identifical to the SPF 55 version. The SPF 55 version has 10% HOMOSALATE (which is not Helioplex) and the SPF 70 version has 15% HOMOSALATE. That seems to be the only difference according to the "active ingrediants". The Helioplex (AVOBENZONE) remains exactly the same at 3%.

My subjective tests failed to reveal SPF 70 is significantly better than SPF 55. The good news is that the SPF 55 version is an excellent sunscreen, and quite possibly the best in the market. The SPF 70 protects the person just as well, but not by 20%-25% margin as one would reasonably expect with 15 SPF increase.

I know what you mean about the white/ashy look when applying sunblock.
    I had that look when using the Isomers Pearl Isomers Sunscreen SPF 20 w/ UV Pearls. It seemed like I had to REALLY rub it in in order for it to disappear into my skin.

I thought those kind of sunscreens were the better ones.
    Like the ones you see lifeguards wearing.
    I'm like OK I'll just start getting into that mineral makeup I always
    See on TV being advertised to cover up the sunscreen.

Hopefully this one won't go on like that but you have to use a certain
    Amount in order for it to work. We'll see...
    sassyT Posts: 184, Reputation: 7

Mar 14, 2008, 06:42 AM
    Hi Nikkiecute
    interesting article.
    if you're using Neutrogena sunscreen,can you tell me if it's greasy?and is it white color?i mean many sunscreen i tried ,it seems like you have put something white-grey on the face!lol
    I just ordered the spf 70 and I like it. It is white but it absorbs super fast leaving a matte non greasy finish.
    chandani Posts: 98, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2008, 07:55 AM
    Hi Nikkiecute
    interesting article.
    For me, in order to keep my color, I always needed to put on a cream, and when I wansnt on any cream for more than 2 months, my original color did start to come back, but Im always using some sort of cream, for me its not a big deal because. The ingredients are all natural, so its just like putting on a daily moisturizer.
    shaneze Posts: 36, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2008, 04:02 PM
    Hi
    Thanks to all for your advices.I decided to buy Neutrogena sunblock and DS cream+soap+body lotion.
    I will tell you after few months how it works and if helps maintening the skin color.

(its strange I just posted this message in this thread few minutes before but there was nothing lol)
    ashm Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2008, 10:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shaneze View Post
    Hi
    Im new here and would like to know your advices please
    Last year i went a lot out in the sun and my skin became very tanned and uneven(more than few years back when i went out in sun)
    .Im from India,light brown skin.Whenever i expose to sun even if its for few minutes it darkens very fast.
    But i dont like the color.My sisters when they go in sun they have nice color but not me
    After that i started a cream(so many persons told me its wonderful iy works etc).Its about stillman bleach cream,fair&lovely and archie pearl cream.Its a mix of theses three creams.
    My skin has lighten.But im wondering if it really worked or did my skin lighten because of winter.cause i have acne blemish and it still here.and my skin color is same as it was last year in winter

the problem is im very afraid cause i read on net that the archie cream contains mercury and its very dangerous.i think stillman contains hydroquinie
    do you think if i stop applying this cream my skin will become more darker that it was before and with more spots?
    now my skin is light brown and its ok for me but i dont want it to be more dark.
    I have used this cream since for 4 months and 2 weeks now.
    i would like to use Diana stalder to help me keeping this skin color as i read many good reviews here about this product

anyone who used hydroquinine how did your skin react when you stopped using it?
    Im very angry cause i wasnt very carefull when i started this cream(it s a cream many people in the subcontinent-india,pakistan-use)
    and also do you think about the archie cream wich contains mercure,should i go to a doctor and make some test?because i read mercure can damage nerves etc and that it goes deep in the skin.But im a bit ashamed to tell the doctor i used this kind of cream to lighten my skin
    please give me your advices.Thanks a lot
    sorry for the long message
    Hi am from uk can u help me how do u mix these creams together can u tell me in details thank you.
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2008, 08:57 AM

Sassy where did you get the spf 70, been looking for it
    Cherry_09 Posts: 42, Reputation: 0

Oct 13, 2008, 09:08 PM

If you are in india, then I can lighten you with a month... first apply ELDERCOID for at least 8days and maximum of 10 days that too in the night just before going to sleep and stop applying that cream(your's one) before 2 days. Then First thing start applying Melaglow.. you can get it from a medical store.. I think your skin will become near to fairer skin tone,and after that I will tell U another one to get a superwhite complexion.

Oct 13, 2008, 09:24 PM

Let me tell U all why your skin go back to your orignal colour or some what darker(not for all people). U people always use a sunscreen,
    1, it means Ur skin melanin becomes dull that time and cannot work at the time of exposure.
    2, when you apply a lightening cream, It suppress hypoactive melanin temporarily.
    3,after that even small amount of exposure to sun makes that suppressed mealanin more active than before.
    The thing what I want to say is that small amount of exposure to sun is necessary and U should apply sunscreen only when you are exposing yourself to long and harsh sun.
    4, even if you say that U can protect from sun then it's not the way you should talk, as your PC screen and cfl's also emit much UV rays than you think.

SEE MY ABOVE POST FOR PERMANENT LIGHTENING. EVEN IF U STOP USING IT UR COLOUR WILL NOT GO BACK...
    mcgm802820 Posts: 64, Reputation: 3

Oct 14, 2008, 01:02 PM

Cherry, I am an Asian and have a fairly light complexion. Please tell me how t get a superwhite complexion ? I live in US. Thanks.

Oct 14, 2008, 08:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgm802820 View Post
    Cherry, I am an Asian and have a fairly light complexion. Please tell me how t get a superwhite complexion ? I live in US. Thanks.
    What type of lightening creams U have used before?? Or your colour is by birth. If it is by birth then apply Reviderm cream in night and morning hours not during that time when you are out in sun.. Apply it for one month and then use a cream which contain tetrahydrocurcumin .5% and licorice extract for skin brightening and skin glowing. And if doesn't help then tell me...

Oct 15, 2008, 09:58 AM

Thanks a lot Cherry. I'll try it. Could you please tell me where to get Reviderm cream and can you recommand a cream that contain tetrahydrocurcumin .5% and licorice extract ?

Oct 16, 2008, 08:43 AM
    I don't think that it is available in US,, try searching it on the net or if any of UR friend is living outside US they can get U That from a medical store...

Oct 17, 2008, 06:21 AM

Oh well. I'll try to find from the net. Thanks a lot for your help !
    sam21 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2009, 07:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherry_09 View Post
    If you are in india, then i can lighten u with a month... first apply ELDERCOID for atleast 8days and maximum of 10 days that too in the night just before going to sleep and stop applying that cream(your's one) before 2 days. Then First thing start applying Melaglow.. you can get it from a medical store.. i think your skin will become near to fairer skin tone,and after that i will tell U another one to get a superwhite complexion.
    Hi,
    I also want to be Super white... tell me how I can be white in one month... thnx
    Signs_81atyahoo
    MAHARANI Posts: 800, Reputation: 39

Jan 21, 2009, 09:29 AM

Sounds like a bit of a tall order to me.
    eNZee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2010, 08:19 AM
    The crazy usage of archie stillman's and fairlovely mixture had been a very dangerous trend that prevailed (or still does, perhaps) in subcontinent girls. It will leave your skin worse off and the darkening will return as soon as you quit using this hydroquinine and mercury mixture because of your ruined skin texture. You should be very careful while using "whitening creams" and make sure what ingredients they use. Hydroquonine has been banned in several countries, while mercury is known for causing skin cancer. Also, you should see how unintelligent is to mix certain different creams together and apply them to your skin without consulting an expert. Women in the subcontinent need to get a life, for the inferiority complex they develop for having darker skin color has made them vulnerable to skin disease.
    Selve Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2012, 12:13 PM
    Hi cherry , can you please me with th cream fr super white complexion..
    pretty3 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2012, 03:17 AM
    Hi Der!

Did u get the reply for the super white formula.thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do/did your friends and family react to your skin lightening? [ 6 Answers ]

What were their reactions to your skin lightening? Did they like it, hate it, mad at you, happy for you, etc.

Which cream is better for lighter skin?papaya cream and soap or magic cream? [ 5 Answers ]

Which one it the best papaya soap and cream or magic cream?. How long does it take to see results when using papaya soap and or cream or both together?. How long dose it take to see results when using magic cream and or soap?. Or both together?. Please e-mail me and let me know thanks...

View more questions Search