Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cherydionne Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2008, 02:14 PM
    Adultry and the guard
    Me and my boyfriend have been dating for close to two years. In Sept. of 07 we found out that we were going to have a baby, and in nov. 07 I found out that he was still LEGALLY married. Well in Jan 08, my boyfriend reinlisted in the national guard and now I'm afraid of what could and might happened to him, being married with a pregnant girfriend and now back in the army. Does anyone have any advise for me! He says that life will be fine and that he will divorce her soon, but I kind of think he is going to have a rude awakening when our daughter is born! Someone please guide me, I'm new to all this military stuff
    belsammael Posts: 43, Reputation: 6

Mar 9, 2008, 02:33 PM
    I am not too familiar with military rules and etiqutte either, but I think it's also largely a matter of how he decides to handle things; and if he says divorcing her "soon" rather than "as soon as possible" then that doesn't sound quite right to me, and I doubt the military will disagree on that...

.. does he have good reason for still being married? It's not something you tend to forget easily I'd say...
    Scottish2008 Posts: 501, Reputation: 32

Mar 11, 2008, 06:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cherydionne
    me and my boyfriend have been dating for close to two years. in Sept. of 07 we found out that we were going to have a baby, and in nov. 07 i found out that he was still LEGALLY married. Well in Jan 08, my boyfriend reinlisted in the national guard and now im affraid of what could and might happened to him, being married with a pregnant girfriend and now back in the army. does anyone have any advise for me!? he says that life will be fine and that he will divorce her soon, but i kinda think he is going to have a rude awakening when our daughter is born!! someone please guide me, im new to all this military stuff
    There can be allot of reasons for him still being married but I think that's not what your looking for. The military is big on family relationships. They do there best to help accommodate you both. You should be fine. Oh did you two talked about living together where he will be stationed to? If you need any information please don't hesitate to ask.
    13sldr Posts: 237, Reputation: 17

Mar 11, 2008, 09:04 PM
    He needs to do something now if he plans on staying in.I know a few people that have been kicked out of the Air Force because of things like this. The military does not recognize speration, to them, you are still marrried.

Ex: I have a friend, who was in the Air Force, he was messing around with some girls at his base, although his wife was back in LA and he was in Kansas when the Air Force found out about it they kicked him out.

So he needs to do something now if he plans on staying in
    Scottish2008 Posts: 501, Reputation: 32

Mar 12, 2008, 05:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 13sldr
    he needs to do something now if he plans on staying in.i know a few people that have been kicked out of the Air Force because of things like this. the military does not reconize speration, to them, you are still marrried.

ex: i have a friend, who was in the Air Force, he was messing around with some girls at his base, although his wife was back in LA and he was in kansas when the Air Force found out about it they kicked him out.

so he needs to do something now if he plans on staying in
    From my experience of being in the service I have never seen or herd of an enlisted person married and fooling around on his wife with another woman then got kicked out. Now that being said it is ageist the rule of conduct that Fraternization while on duty is illegal. So is this what happened? The military will assist everyone enlisted as long as if they share it with there chain of command (keep in mind to do this in privet). I truly believe that the person in question has more to offer meaning there is more information that we are not aware of.
    13sldr Posts: 237, Reputation: 17

Mar 12, 2008, 05:42 PM
    He wasn't nessarly "fooling" round with girls, more like he had a girlfriend and some nosie people got into his buiness and got him kicked out, but keep in mind that he was in Kansas and his wife was in LA and they didn't really talk any more, in fact he was going through the prosses of getting a devorice with her
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 12, 2008, 06:01 PM
    If he is not divorced, when the baby is born, file for custody and get child support ordered for your protection.
    kent.siems Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2011, 03:01 PM
    The National Guard is different from the active components, unless he is full time. If he only drills once a month and does 2 weeks in the summer then you likely won't have too many problems with him getting in trouble as long as he has started the divorce proceedings. You should really look into if this guy is legitimate or just using you though. Does he have you or his wife listed as the beneficiary for the Soldier's Group Life Insurance (SGLV Form) and are you listed as the person to be notified in the case of his death on the DD Form 93? On drilling status a soldier falls under the state's code of military justice, at annual training and on full time or deployed status they fall under the federal Uniform Code of Military Justice. Your state guard ofice should have a family center and a legal center who you can call for advice too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shooting Guard [ 6 Answers ]

I want to ask like what is shooting guard's job and what they have to do during the , plus what kind of trainning can be improve the performance during the games?

How to be a better shotting guard? [ 4 Answers ]

Can any one help? I want to be a shooting guard but I some times I can't score. Can you have any ideas to help me to be better and score more?

Guard Dog [ 6 Answers ]

What is the best guard dog that's good with smaller dogs and kids?

Why fornication or adultry is a sin? [ 28 Answers ]

Why God doesn't want us to have sexual intercourse before marriage? What are the Scientific reasons behind this. If having illegal children is the reason THEN if it is Controlled, still it'll be a sin. See sins have bad impacts on humans, so what bad Impacts besides STDs(Aids, herpers etc)...

View more questions Search