Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MoroccoMan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2006, 05:42 AM
    How do I print business cards?
    I am currently in Morocco for a few months, and would like to print the name of the organization with which I am associated here (and my local contact info) on the back of my existing business cards from the USA. I have a HP5400. Any ideas on how to go about this short of just running my existing business cards through until I get it right (I don't have that many of them)? The HP site was hopeless. Thanks!
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Jan 31, 2006, 06:25 AM
    This depends on what program you are using to do this. For example to do this using MS Word you would:

• Open a new Word document
    • Click on File >> Page Setup
    • Move to the paper tab
    • Either select a suitable paper size so enter a custom one
    • OK the changes.
    • Ensure you are in print layout (View >> Print Layout).
    • Position the text where you want it on the page.
    • Then just print as normal

Try on a couple of bits of A4 first though so you know it looks OK and what way up/round the printer expects the paper. Nothing worse than printing something on a load of cards to find out it printed upside down etc.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 31, 2006, 11:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MoroccoMan
    I am currently in Morocco for a few months, and would like to print the name of the organization with which I am associated here (and my local contact info) on the back of my existing business cards from the USA. I have a HP5400. Any ideas on how to go about this short of just running my existing business cards through until I get it right (I don't have that many of them)? The HP site was hopeless. Thanks!
    Frankly, I would not do it that way. A business card (2"x3.5") is generally too small for most printers to handle effectively (probably why you couldn't find anything on the HP site).

What I would do is get some pressure sensitive labels that are smaller than 2"x3.5". You can then use a variety of programs (Word, Excel, among them) to print sheets of labels with the temporary info on them. Then just peel and stick when needed.
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Jan 31, 2006, 03:23 PM
    You can use the Avery labels and their software to make perfect labels every time! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Charlot print? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Jean Charlot print of "village in france" with a copyright Camilla Lucas NYC 1935 in the upper left corner of the print. In the lower left corner is "sur le coteau". It is in the original frame and has the triangle stamp on the back. What charlot collection is this from and have you any...

Cannot print emails [ 49 Answers ]

This problem started about two weeks ago.  Whenever I try to print an email using Outlook Express 6.0 (my OS is XP), I get this window: Internet Explorer Script Error ! An error has occurred in the script on this page. Line:  1344 Char:  1 Error:  Unspecified error. Code:  0

Business to business vs Business to Consumer retail [ 1 Answers ]

How does Business to business retail differ from business to consumer retail?

Won't Print [ 1 Answers ]

I have styus C 80 printer .After being out of Blk. Ink for several months I finally replaced the cartridge. At 1st the paper would come out w/ nothing on it at all, Then I got a pop up saying among other things "THIS PRINTER COULD NOT BE INSTALLED,RESTART WINDOWS & THEN TRY AGAIN" . Now tonight I...

How do I print [ 2 Answers ]

I use win98se. I have a folder that has both audio and video files in it . How do I print the contents of this folder. I tried to copy and paste into wordpad but that didn't work.I also tried hitting the print screen key and alt+print keys and that didn't work. Can I print just the info in the...

View more questions Search