Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    prize Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2008, 12:27 PM
    Any ideas regarding slirred speech NOT caused by stroke
    My father (76) has gradually started to sort of sound differently. He sounds as if his tung
    Is heavy . He does have a deviated septum and a polyp in his nose. He doesn't drink at all so its not from drinking (although it sounds like he is) also he has no other stroke like symptoms and is in otherwise perfect health. Any ideas of what this could be?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2008, 01:15 PM
    It could be he is having motor skill problems
    Anxiety,
    He could be getting less oxygen to his brain and possibly plaque build up, which COULD lead to a stroke.
    It could be a number of things but more probably related to either brain, nerves and/or muscular problems.

He needs to get to the doctor and see exactly what is causing it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Any good speech ideas for my sis? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi guys, My little sister wants to go for house captain at her school and she has to write a speech and say it in front of everyone in her house. She asked me for ideas but I have none. She wants to make a speech that is interesting and that will make people vote for her but not too corny! ...

Who caused my miscarriage? [ 6 Answers ]

I am 14 and recently miscarried my third pregnancy... my first I had terminated the second I miscarried due to a stab wound to the stomach and as I said I've miscarried my third at 10 weeks. My doctor told me my miscarriage was probably to do with the scar tissue and damage caused by the...

6.0 power stroke [ 1 Answers ]

I'm having problem with 2005 ford power stroke. It is hard to start in the morning. But after about 30 min of sputtering and knoking it will start to smooth out and run. I have a Bully dog on it. Once it wants to run I can break the tires and it run like hell. But the next day same old start think....

Stroke or MS or? [ 6 Answers ]

At age 62,last year,I was a healthy person.Neither hospitalized nor taking any medicine. On account slight numbness over finger tips(left hand),slight facial weakness,after MIR, scars on T1and T2 in brain and total cholesterol 220( LDL cholesterol 145) detected.no any diabetes,no high blood...

Hurt caused by me or you to another [ 7 Answers ]

Exactly how much of responsibility do I or anyone has/have for someone else's feeling of being hurt after I/anyone caused it. No matter how much the apologies, isn't there a point where the other person need to take care of their feelings no matter how much I've hurt? I NEED YOUR OPINION ON HOW...

View more questions Search