Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrschico Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2008, 12:10 PM
    What is this code? How do I find it?
    My name is Feiona Ruiz and I am an apartment manager. The owners of my complex gave me a Rental agreement which has a specific Article number in it and I would like to know what it is and where I can find it. The Article number is 5236D R.C.S. of Texas. Can you help me please?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 9, 2008, 12:27 PM
    Why not ask them?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2008, 12:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mrschico
    My name is Feiona Ruiz and I am an apartment manager. The owners of my complex gave me a Rental agreement which has a specific Article number in it and I would like to know what it is and where I can find it. The Article number is 5236D R.C.S. of Texas. Can you help me please?

I find it in several places, always cross referenced with another section. It APPEARS to be a law that states the landlord does NOT have to place your deposit in an escrow account, bearing interest - but I'm sure someone in Texas knows for sure.

It is quoted in every form lease from Texas that I can find so it must be standard language.

Can you quote the language around it in the lease so I can see where it falls?
    mrschico Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2008, 01:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee
    I find it in several places, always cross referenced with another section. It APPEARS to be a law that states the landlord does NOT have to place your deposit in an escrow account, bearing interest - but I'm sure someone in Texas knows for sure.

It is quoted in every form lease from Texas that I can find so it must be standard language.

Can you quote the language around it in the lease so I can see where it falls?

The language around the Article states "If rent is due and unpaid, the landlord shall have a lien upon all the property found within the rented premises, except property specifically exempt in article 5236D R.C.S. of Texas." Where online can I find this article?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2008, 01:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mrschico
    The language around the Article states "If rent is due and unpaid, the landlord shall have a lien upon all the property found within the rented premises, except property specifically exempt in article 5236D R.C.S. of Texas." Where online can I find this article?
    Okay - unless you want to read the entire statute (research Texas law 5236D) I found a ruling by searching Mattox Opinion No. JM-510 (I don't know how to post a site).

And it does in part address the landlord's ability to lien property with rent is not paid.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have an 2005 HONDA CR-V. How can I find its radio code? [ 3 Answers ]

I shipped my 2005 HONDA CR-V to Europe and in this case the battery was unplugged.When the battery was connected and the engine was started, the radio does not work, it requires a code. How and where can I find this code?

HOW can I find old age homes in BARRIE Ontario? I need to find my mom! [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, just wondering if someone could find me a listof them all, thanks!

I need to find the unlock code for my truck stereo [ 3 Answers ]

Hello my name is taylor. My question is can someone help me find the unlock code to my truck stereo. It is a 1996 mitsubishi montereo, the serial number is 95811857. Thank you

Need help in VB Code [ 1 Answers ]

Good day, Iam traying to get result of my record as below If next record is biger than previous show "1" If next record is same previous show "1" If next record is smallest show "0" if next record is same previous show "0" Example

Can't find local area code [ 4 Answers ]

I can't find local area code when setting up AOL. The set-up disk has been used before with no problem on other PCs. Just installed XP Pro with SP2 the modem does connect using AOL 800 number but can't find 661 area code to set up local connection. AOL no help

View more questions Search