Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hlynn1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2008, 11:20 AM
    Postpartum checkup
    I go in for my checkup tomorrow and was just curious on what goes on and if they test to see if you are pregnant again during the checkup.
    stormey44 Posts: 380, Reputation: 3

Mar 9, 2008, 03:41 PM
    Well they usually ask how everything goes do a pap and feel your uterus now I don't think they do a pregnancy test I know my doc don't
    ang8318 Posts: 299, Reputation: 27

Mar 9, 2008, 04:03 PM
    My doc did an internal exam, a pap, examined my incision from my c-section, then we talked about birth control and she gave me the OK to have sex. She did not do a pregnancy test because I was not permitted to have sex until after my 6 week check up.
    bekah876 Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Mar 10, 2008, 04:59 PM
    I doubt your doctor will test for pregnancy unless you request it. You are not suppose to have sex until your doctor gives you the okay anyway, which is usually at your six week check up. Personally at 2 weeks after having my baby I couldn't even think about wanting to have sex... everything is still so sore and painful.
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2008, 08:44 AM
    An exam of any incisions, etc will be conducted, as well as a full pap exam, they typically check your breasts, ask how breastfeeding is going(if you are), if you are having issues with bleeding/pains/discharge etc. (they'll want to make sure there are no problems with infection etc). They will check your blood preasure, your weight, and your temperature. They will probably ask you if you have had sex, though not all do(some simply trust you will have kept to the no sex until after the check up, but realistically, a lot of people don't keep that goal... though it is always best and wisest to.). They will discuss birth control methods etc. any concerns you have... I think that's about it... not much different then a regular annual exam/check up

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

8 weeks postpartum [ 9 Answers ]

I been having some discharge that started a little bit after my period was gone, Does anyone know if this is normal? I already went to my 6 week check up and they did my pap but they didn't say anything and I didn't mention it because I didn't start having it until after that check up.

Postpartum intercourse [ 5 Answers ]

I am 5 weeks and 2 days postpartum, and I just kind of had sex today. I had to be cut and not sure if I tore any, and I had a lot of stiches. I still have slight discharge left, but nt a lot. We took it really slow and he didn't even enter all of the way. It was only for like 2 minutes, and...

Postpartum depression? [ 8 Answers ]

I had a baby boy in April. He is beautiful and an angel baby. I have a wonderful husband who supports me in every way, and a loving family. I don't understand why I am feeling so depressed. It seems to have gotten worse this month... during the midmornings I will feel like crying for no real...

Postpartum [ 1 Answers ]

Ok I had a baby 6 weeks ago. I got on the birth control patch 3 weeks ago and started bleeding 1 1/2 weeks into it, so I switched to the nuva ring. (Ihad samples of both from my doctor) and I have had it in for about a week and a half also and started bleeding again today. Is this normal? Is it a...

28 week checkup... Seven months and counting [ 2 Answers ]

I just thought you might like an update on how things are proceeding with the twins as far as my doc appointments go... I started at the dr's at around eight thirty this morning and waited and hour to have my blood drawn to test for the Rh antibodies and for my three hour glucose test... yuck....

View more questions Search