Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    djhoitt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2008, 08:14 AM
    Passport for plane travel within the US?
    I heard that eventually you will need a passport to board a plane for travel within the United States. Please tell me what date this will become effective?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 9, 2008, 08:30 AM
    You will need a passport if travelling from Canada. Does it matter what date ? You will need it no matter what. I got mine renewed as soon as I heard it was required.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 9, 2008, 08:32 AM
    Not for US citizens.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2008, 09:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle
    You will need a passport if travelling from Canada. Does it matter what date ? You will need it no matter what. I got mine renewed as soon as I heard it was required.

Do you need to show a passport if travelling within Canada? I understand you need a passport to enter Canada from US -
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 9, 2008, 10:52 AM
    We don't need a passport to travel within Canada, but definitely for air and land travel across the Us border. I have read news of a photo ID becoming available for Canadians travelling across the border to shop on the US side. This has been approved by the US.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I need a passport to travel within USA [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I live in chicago and I was wondering if I need a passport to go to San Diego, California

Do I need passport to travel within the US [ 3 Answers ]

Is it true I need a passport to travel within the United States? I live in Illinois and will be going to Vegas in April and was told as of Jan 2008 you need a passport to travel within the US

Can a felon get a passport to travel overseas? [ 3 Answers ]

We want to marry in tropical paradise but worried about denied passport due to a felony conviction.:confused:

Passport to travel [ 1 Answers ]

Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone can tell me if you need a passport to travel from Dublin Ireland to the uk. I have had so many people tell me different. An also if my friend wants to stay in the uk dose he need a visa to work? I hope someone can help, xx

Do you now need a passport to travel within the united states? [ 2 Answers ]

I am going on vacation in march with my boyfriend and he said he heard that after jan. 1 2007 you need a passport to travel within the usa. IS THAT TRUE?:confused:

View more questions Search