Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RAYATFCAF Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2008, 08:09 AM
    Bad starter?
    We have a 1998 honda accord. If it sits it starts, but when you restart it it will not start. Is the starter going bad?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2008, 12:30 PM
    Read sections A and B, below, and try to rule out the ignition system:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...das-46563.html

If you always hear the engine crank, when the ignition switch is turned to start, it's not the starter motor. Most Honda starter motors are very reliable. Begin by fully charging the battery.
    preyingdragon Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2008, 01:12 PM
    Does it not start after it is warmed up or just won't start at all once you start it and turn it back off? If it won't start back when warm, it could be a timing issue

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bad dreams lead to a bad relationship? [ 5 Answers ]

Hey lately I have had 4 bad dreams about me and my boyfriend and all have been about betrayal .(him cheating or doing something behind my back) I have talked to him about it cause it puts me in a bad mood and he gets upset because he feels as if I believe my dreams are true I asked him if he's...

2001 Honda Civic - Starter - Can you show me the location of the starter? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm having starting problems with my 2001 Honda Civic EX 4DR. This is the first problem with the car and I can't find the starter. Can you help?

Bad luck, bad karma, or bad self-esteem? [ 5 Answers ]

I recently heard once again a comment I've heard many, MANY times over the past several years: "You and your husband have worse luck than anyone else I know!" and I have one question: "Why is that?" You see, just about the time we get to the point we can manage to keep up on all our monthly...

91 S-10 Starter [ 1 Answers ]

Pretty steamed right now! Starter appears to be hitting on the motor mount- thus creating the problem for removal. Any thoughts?

View more questions Search