Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rg72 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2008, 07:48 AM
    Hair dye catastrophe, blonde to dark, not good.
    I have naturally dark blonde/mousy hair and have been highlighting blonde bits in it for a couple of years now, but got sick of having mousy roots so I thought id go brunette... images of looking like angelina conjured into my mind! Oh how wrong it went. I used a non permanent (24weeks) clairol dye which was golden brown and it has come out so dark its hideous! I look pale and dead and after one wash it has this illuminating ginger tinge to it. Any advice to deal with this disaster would be much appreciated!?
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Mar 9, 2008, 02:58 PM
    Demi-permanent hair color will last through 24-28 shampoos. A non-permanent or semi-permanent color usually last from 6-8 shampoos. However, you've mentioned using a non-permanent color that lasts 24 weeks. In order to precisely assist you, I will need you to answer two questions. Can you please tell me which brand of Clairol hair coloring product you used? And what is your desired hair color?
    rg72 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2008, 03:42 PM
    Hi, it was clariol non permanent dye, the colour was golden brown. After one wash and a day being like this, it has a strong ginger/auburn tinge. I wanted a lighter brown with no ginger tinge. Thanks
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Mar 9, 2008, 07:19 PM
    I'm assuming that you used Clairol Nice 'n Easy or Natural Instincts, which are supposed to last through 24-28 washes. Non-permanent, semi permanent and demi-permanent hair coloring products are deposit only colors, and will not lift hair color. However, permanent hair color with the right strength volume peroxide developer can lift hair color a few shades lighter. If your hair has a red/ginger hue, and you want to go light brown, you will need to use a green-based (cool base) permanent light ash brown hair color with a 20-volume peroxide in equal parts to achieve results. It will neutralize the red/ginger tones in your hair and take you closer to your desired color.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I dye over bleached blonde hair back to dark brown and it not fade [ 11 Answers ]

About 3 weeks ago I decided I wanted blonde highlights. My wife used Loreal Color Rays bleach blonde kit. And put in a lot of streaks. My natural color hair is dark brown. Of course you can imagine how it turned out. The streaks turned out yellowy orange and looked horrible. I waited a week...

Hair dye. Dark.blonde.brown.what color mixes? [ 2 Answers ]

Okay IF you have DARK hair as in it being brownish darkish and then you want to dye it blonde and then brown like an ash brown or light brown what color should it come out? I have a dark hair color it looks brown/black and I want to dye it but I want it to come out as a light brown blondish...

Can I re dye my hair from dark brown to a lighter brown or darker blonde? [ 3 Answers ]

Here is my dilemma, please help!! I wanted to do a hair color change, so I had my hair 2 toned. I told her I wanted to be dark on the bottom and blond on top so she did half the bottom dark brown and mixed sandy blond with another color for the top and it came out very brassy/red did not look...

Dark blonde hair w/ blonde highlights. Need out [ 2 Answers ]

Ok... so I have dark blonde to light brown hair... I decided to put blonde highlights in... but yeah... they's a little too light of blonde. Is there a VERY quick way that I can tone down the blonde to blend a little better w/ my hair color? 1. my dad doesn't know yet.. and yea... he not going...

View more questions Search