Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AyazAbdullah Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2006, 10:52 PM
    IP Backbone Bandwidth for a Cellular Network GSM (R4)
    I am Dimensioning a GSM (R4) network; currently the network is 2G GSM, now I want to migrate the bearer from TDM to IP. After the Migration, only the radio side will remain the same as 2G and the core side will be on 3G (MGW and MSC-Servers will be introduced in the network). The problem is that like in 2G the TLF (trunk loading factor for voice) is normally 0.8 i.e. 80% for TDM (E1). For my voice traffic there is a media gateway after BSC, I want to send this Voice traffic on the IP as bearer, the total bandwidth (out going and incoming traffic) is 20Mbps for example from MGW. After MGW there is Access router(co-located with MGW) which is connected to CORE router located in other Major city, how much Light load Factor should I consider? Should I provide the total bandwidth between two router 30Mbps, 40 Mbps etc..? Or what is the calculation for the Loading factor? Not Compromising the QoS for Voice. Please guide me?
    vivek_025 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2010, 02:31 AM
    I was also looking for the answer to the same question. Can you please Help me if you have alreadyreceived the answer. My contact address is [email protected].

Thank you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Page redirection (based on bandwidth) [ 1 Answers ]

Ive got a website that is too large for dialup/256kb users to load (and they leave before it fully loads). I then reduced the size (pictures/quality, flash removal) so they could load it quick, then the higher connection users say that it looks too unprofessional. My idea is to have to index...

Bandwidth check. [ 12 Answers ]

Since dropping my bandwidth from 2G to 1G the drop in download speed has dropped more than I think it should! - At 2G I was downloading video at average 130 kb/s - Since I've dropped to 1G the download for normal program files is now about 16 kb/s and I was getting better than this on my old...

Bandwidth [ 3 Answers ]

Hi pals I heard stealing bandwidth is a crime. What is this bandwidth? How can someone steal bandwidth?

View more questions Search