Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    grizelda Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2008, 06:28 PM
    No signal to monitor
    We have a Dell C521 and got tired of Vista. We formatted the hard drive and installed a previous version of XP. We were getting the downloads from the Dell web site to bring the computer up-to-date. During the download of bios it locked up and did not download. When the computer was restarted it started with a series of two short beeps and 1 long. The monitor showed "no signal input check video cable. We plugged the monitor into our laptop and it is fine. We removed the battery to try and reset the bios. We don't know what to do at this point since we can't see the error message on the computer. Is there something we can do to try and fix this ourselves?
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Mar 10, 2008, 03:06 PM
    If your system locked up DURING the bios flash update and did not complete, you're in a pickle. It's the one part of the system that must be in working order or the system CAN'T load. You will need to complete the BIOS flash update before you can start working on your PC again.

So, on another computer, use the Dell website/support tools to make BIOS flash update floppy disc or CD. Boot with that disc and get that flash BIOS complete. From there, let us know how it goes.
    alandotm Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2008, 06:22 AM
    Will computer boot to bios at all? That is first ? If so do as other member suggested. If not go to dell website Dell Support - Technical Support, Drivers & Downloads, Troubleshooting, Product Manuals and Order Status and check it it is still under warranty by inputting your service tag number.. if yes just call Dell and and tell them what happened. (do not tell them you were switching the os from the one that came on the system originally!) that can void warranty! They will repair it free. If you did not get the onsite warranty then u will have to ship it to them but they are pretty quick. And I suggest you purchase the extended nbd onsite warranty. Its worth it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Monitor has no signal [ 3 Answers ]

G'day, My computer stopped working last week, initially was unable to turn the computer on or it would turn on but then stop (No beeps). Was initially told by a colleague that it could be a case of my hard drive has fried! Have started to replace hard drive but still have same problem. Am not...

No signal on monitor [ 1 Answers ]

Ok for starters made my computer by myself and it was working for the longest time and then I decided to get a new CPU.. I was going from a Celeron D 3.3ghz to a Pentium D 2.8ghz.. Mobo is a Mach Speed P4MSD-800.. It didn't work got nothing on the monitor screen.. I put the celeron back in and it...

Monitor No signal [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, just yesterday I was on my computer (not the one I'm currently on) and I restarted my computer. As soon as it started to load up again, there was no display on the monitor, just a black screen as if the computer was off. Ive tried disconnecting the wires, I've plugged it into a different...

Monitor no signal [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I had some power problems,and after that my moniter gave me a message of no signal and my mouse stopped working also the keyboard

No signal to monitor [ 3 Answers ]

Haven't used PC for some time. Switched on, however PC monitor shows 'no signal' error message. Tried rebooting, same result. Trying to isolate the problem, I tried connecting up a SUN monitor (suitable for PC) and get error message 'in power save mode. Activate using PC'. At this point, I...

View more questions Search