Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Mar 8, 2008, 01:52 PM
    Statistical Errors.
    I'm using a monte-carlo technique to simulate a physical process, and I'm measuring a quantity from my simulation, <x> where <x> is the average of x over n steps.

What's a good way for me to estimate the statistical error in <x> due to only averaging over n monte-carlo steps? Whereas in the real world the average would be over a clean statistical distribution.

Is a good enough estimate or can we do better (or is it completely wrong)?

I have also calculated , if that helps somewhere. I also have a record of each x in the average.

Any ideas guys? I was always bad with errors :)

Check out some similar questions!

Statistical percentage [ 1 Answers ]

If 20%o of the students performed at top if picked 10 students what is the probablity of EXACTLY 4 of those being a top performers and if you picked 10 students what is the probability of AT LEAST 2 of those students being a top performer and what is the probablity of NO MORE than 2 students being...

Statistical Probability [ 3 Answers ]

Suppose I have 3 music CDs. Each CD has 18 individual music tracks (unique). What are the odds or probability for the following: Given: 2 People -- they are to Pick 1 track from each CD. Odds / Probability (between the two people): 0 matches, 1 matches, 2 matches and 3 matches ? ...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.