Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    phillyesq Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2008, 08:06 AM
    Do I have a remedy against my ex-spouse?
    Based on all the answers to my first question, it appears that a spouse can commit fraud and forgery with little consequence.
    Do I have any remedy against my ex-spouse? At the time we were married but separated with me living out of the house, my, now ex-wife, filed an insurance claim for "something" that happened at our marital property. She called me and asked me would I sign the checks if they came and I told her if I got half. Well, whe got the checks, signed my name, deposited them and I never got my half.
    I filed iin small claims court and I'm now wonering what I will plead. Do I plead missappropriation of funds in small claims court or breach of an oral agreement or what. I'm getting very discouraged.
    PS: I do have counsel who is filing to withdraw our equitable distribution agreement because she did not disclose this money. Bu that is a separate and much larger issue. We are in touch with her but she is not advising on this matter
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2008, 03:29 PM
    Not having anything in writing is not going to help you here.

What you have is default on a verbal agreement and that is about it.

You can explain to the judge what the arrangements were prior to her receiving the checks, and tell him what happened, that she signed your name to avoid giving you your half and that is the damages you are seeking.

She on the other hand, could say that at the time, you told her to just sign you name and use the money for things she needs, and then you got mad later and took her to court?

Can you imagine this situation being presented before the judge?

Go to court, plead your case, and hope the judge finds in your favor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

US Citizen married filing separately, spouse lives outside US: does spouse need ITIN? [ 7 Answers ]

Hello. I am a US Citizen living in the US full time. My husband is German, living in Europe full time. We got married in the US in September 2006. My husband is applying for a green card but meanwhile cannot enter the US, due to immigration rules. Therefore we have not lived in the US together...

Rescue Remedy [ 10 Answers ]

I have been taking this for a couple of weeks now, I do think its calming me down (had a personal trauma recently), but that could be because it contains Brandy... :) Has anybody used this for any period? Do you think it works? Would you recommend it? Sharon :o

Home RemedY? [ 1 Answers ]

When you get athletes foot, and your toenails get sort of funginated? Well what would be a good home remedy for it? Any suggestions?

Submitting spouse W7, should spouse SSN in 1040 left blank? [ 2 Answers ]

I am submitting W7 form for my wife with my 1040 and 1040 Schedule A (itemized deductions) forms. What should I put for spouse SSN in 1040 form? Should I just write "ITIN TO BE REQUESTED" for spouse SSN? Also, on second page of 1040 I see I have my SSN on top right corner of the page, but...

So disappointed about the remedy [ 11 Answers ]

Hi every one This is a 21 years old guy . Unfortunatelly I got some hair loss since the spring began. Although I got some very bushy hair ; it is going to be a kind of mental problem for me so that it is almost leting me down and lossing myself confidence. Even I can see some parts of my head...

View more questions Search