Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    forgets Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Mar 8, 2008, 07:13 AM
    Cannot re-configuring router
    Had a wireless home network using linksys Wireless-B boradband router (802.11b) working fine but not password protected. Started seeing conflict between IP addresses on network w loss of connectivity, and thought it may be because outside computers trying to connect. Tried to introduce a password to avoid this (using the 192.168.1.1 page). Since then loss of connectivity worse. Tried to reconnect to the 192.168.1.1: router kept asking me for id and refusing to authenticate using same parameters as previous and as specified by ISP. Took router out of system and reinstalled completely, but set up always failed at last step w message that cannot configure the router. Tried to reset to factory settings by pressing reset button (more than 20 seconds, more than once, trying to unplug, replug) w still same message. Reboot computer and now can access internet w router in place and seems to have resumed old settings, however, still cannot configure or introduce password: I can log in to page 192.168.1.1 and it will let me in the first time, but every time I try to navigate within the page to adjust settings, or try to save new settings for password, I can't, as every time window for authentication pops up and it will not longer accept SAME AUTHENTICATION THAT GOT ME IN IN THE FIRST PLACE, so I get the red page and can go no where from there... My husband can connect from his computer downstairs using wireless and CAN save settings from his workstation (while it is MY computer that is the main computer plugged in with the ethernet cables and all), but he still get conflict of IP addresse messages.

HELP!! WE ARE LOST!! :eek:
    Marriedguy Posts: 474, Reputation: 115

Mar 8, 2008, 08:12 AM
    Contact linksys they have an excellent customer support system. Totally, free they will walk you through re-configurating.

I have a ten year old wired router from Linksys and called then last year for support.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Configuring micrsoft outlook 2000 [ 2 Answers ]

I want to configure Microsoft outlook 2000 from free Yahoo mail account and hotmail account help me to solve the issue

Configuring remote desktop on 2 pc's for singe IP address [ 1 Answers ]

I am using netgear ADSL router connected to internet and my LAN, I have configured remote desktop for my server and is working fine, but I need to configure remote desktop for another workstation, I am having only one IP address, When I try to connect it connects only to the server.:o

Configuring a WLAN adaptor [ 8 Answers ]

I have installed a Senao cd plus ext2 wireless PCMCIA card that unfortunately came without an installation CD. I downloaded and installed the drivers, and the Device Manager shows that the card is working. However, without the CD, I am unable to launch the Client Utility that would let me...

View more questions Search