Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bservis Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2008, 09:41 PM
    Where can I get my ideal career?
    I have only ever wanted one thing in my life, to be a stay at home mom! But now adays women aren't exactly expected to be stay at home moms, they are more like independent soccer moms. Well, needless to say finding a career that suits me and that I can enjoy is going to be hard. I have searched on live career.com, and gone to several websites but none of which tell me what career, how much schooling, how much they make, all in one. Do you have any websites or adice for me? :(
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Mar 7, 2008, 09:58 PM
    Are you married and have children now?
    Many women work because they WANT to if they really want to stay home they figure out a budget and live on basic needs.
    Often when both parents work they have extra expenses anyway
    Like daycare, a second vehicle and insurance for the second vehicle, then you need your work clothes too so that can add up too much the same as your second income anyway.

What kinds of things do you enjoy and what are you good at?

What I always thought of doing (but never did) when my kids were little was working in the school cafeteria then you would be close to your kids and the hours, even school/working months would be pretty much the same.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 7, 2008, 10:11 PM
    Many women still stay at home. But if you want to work ( or have to) what do you like to do, what is your interest,
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 7, 2008, 10:22 PM
    There is a book called The Occupational Outlook Handbook that tells about all sorts of careers and jobs, the training needed, the salary range that can be expected, working conditions, etc. Here is a link to it (type a job title into the search box to find the section that interests you):

Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2008-09 Edition
    bservis Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2008, 10:07 PM
    Well I don't have a family yet, I am getting married in June. My fiancé and I are in the same boat, no college, get paid 10 an hour, and both don't know what we want to do for a career. I would rather take care of the house, do laundry, take the kids to all of their functions and make sure there is going to be dinner on the table, not lets go out to eat every night. I just seem so lost with the world at the moment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Real and ideal culture [ 28 Answers ]

What does real culture and ideal culture mean?

Ideal LAN [ 2 Answers ]

Hi; I have a conceptual & Theoritical problem with Ideal LAN. The questions are left unanswered for me (What is an Ideal LAN?) and (How an Ideal LAN works and is configured) I will appreciate every single feedback & information regarding this topic. CHEERS;

Ideal Role / Future Career Aspirations [ 6 Answers ]

Ideal Role / Future Career Aspirations is one of the questions on the Candidate Registration form I have been given to fill out for tomorrow. I have no clue what to write at all.

View more questions Search