Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Delow84 Posts: 309, Reputation: 45

Mar 12, 2008, 10:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cal823
    delow, you art is amazing! you are such a talented drawer :)
    And that scratch board thing looks interesting, never heard of that medium before, how does it work?
    cant wait to see more of you art :)
    Ya I really liked the scratch board, never heard of it except in HS. My art teacher made me draw that and graded me poorly :P I am actually thinking of picking some up and trying to do a Portrait on it. You can even color it now!

What scratch board is, is basically a thick white sheet of paper with thick clay like black on it. You use a metal pen that has just a pointed tip ( I think there are different shapes) and you have to scratch off the black to make the picture. Its very cool, Like the paper artists version of stone lol. All that shadow is already on the page, you just got to add the definition you know?

Here is my very first portrait, 1999. It is of my nephew Austin. He was playing a video game and I was like "hey i know what ill put in my new book, ill try and draw him!" That is what really got me into drawing portraits when I saw how well I did.

Then I used different pencils (the ones that are numbered for thickness) But I like mechanical .5 better.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Friend4u that YouTube video was awesome... I should try to make something like that, just take a whole bunch of sequential pictures of something, draw out really quick sketches and then use windows movie maker to piece them together! ( I use to make stick figure cartoons like that lol)
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2008, 10:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Delow84

Friend4u that youtube video was awesome... I should try to make something like that, just take a whole bunch of sequential pictures of something, draw out really quick sketches and then use windows movie maker to piece them together! ( i use to make stick figure cartoons like that lol)
    Yeah good song and clip.

Great idea... thats your new project. Would love to see the result!

Mar 12, 2008, 10:51 PM
    Definitely, just got to find a good thing to take the pics of... which brings me to this portrait (and idea) in HS I was the slacker who was really smart and stuff. You know the one who would fall asleep all class wake up and pass everything with an A.

So I was slackin off in one of my classes looking at a skateboard mag (I was a heavy skater then) and decided to throw out a portrait of a guy in there.

[IMG][/IMG]

This one was a fast drawing, there isn't much detail and the shading is all blended into one solid piece. But I thought it was cool lol.
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2008, 10:54 PM
    Now that's GOOD!!

Mar 13, 2008, 02:07 PM
    :) back in the day I could do that in real life. Now I'll settle for drawing it lol

Mar 14, 2008, 01:43 PM
    So went by the hobby lobby, and could not find that fixture stuff... don't know if maybe it's in a different area. :( But I did pic up some scratch board (expensive and no erasing... grrr) So I am thinking of a portrait to do on one. God so many projects all of a sudden :P
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Mar 14, 2008, 08:58 PM
    Wow delow, you art is very good, love the skater piece :)

Mar 15, 2008, 01:38 PM
    Thanks cal :) I have a couple other skater ones ill post up. I have been stuck at my moms for the last week so I haven't been able to work on my new pieces much. (to much distraction, and don't have my computer for music lol)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Value of artwork? [ 2 Answers ]

I have an etching from the Paris Etching Society. It is a stream with an old mill or waterwheel. It is signed Pierre and the Title is hard to read. It is either Mortin or Moutin. It is numbered 203. Can you also tell me anything about this? Thanks.

Artwork authenticity [ 5 Answers ]

I just purchased a piece of artwork by Picasso. How can I authenicate it? :confused: There is no signature, no number... only a date. I have found the same piece on the web as a print, but this is not a print... it is done on something that looks like pressboard. The pastels are totally intact,...

Depreciating artwork [ 6 Answers ]

What makes artwork a non-depreciable asset? Is there some threshold value that the IRS recognizes? Isn't most "art" hanging in most businesses more a depreciable item of décor as opposed to a true investment that will hold its value or appreciated in value? If this is the case and we don't...

Artwork Donation [ 2 Answers ]

As Member in a 501 (C) (7) organization --can I donate artwork valued at @$5,000 and use it as a tax deduction.

Some of my artwork [ 35 Answers ]

Hope this works?? Here is some of my artwork. The Man standing beside horse and cart was done in acrylics The Desert Girl (girl from Nat'l geographic cover) done is oils The mother and baby is my daughter-in-law and my grandson -- painting in oils The Cannon I built about 12 years ago -...

View more questions Search