Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adam27ga Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2008, 02:56 PM
    In need of legal form to motion the court
    Hello I'm looking for a free legal form to motion the court to unseal my adoption records. It's for an emergency, I've lost my social security card and my residence card, they will not give me either since my name has been changed through adoption. If anyone can help please post on here or email me directly at thank you
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 7, 2008, 03:13 PM
    Actually no, I doubt that this would be considered an emergancy, so you lost your social security card and residence card, all you would need is your current birth certificate given at the time of the adoption and a copy of the adoption paperwork showing you were adopted, This is not a copy of the records but merely proof you were adopted.

Your area was not getting them changed to your new name at time of adoption.
    FeelSoNumbZombie Posts: 129, Reputation: 10

Mar 9, 2008, 03:19 PM
    I agree with Fr_Chuck. Your amended birth certificate is a legal document stating who you are now. In most states, you do not have legal consent to know who you were previous to the adoption. Even if you are now an adult. Have even found and reunited or not. Yet, if you had a medical emergency and needed to possibly gain information that may save your life or that of your child's, than and probably only then would you have access to your original Vital Record. As sad as that may sound. Adult Adoptees are forever noted as children in the legal sense of the word when adoption has taken place in most states. Yet there are thankfully countries such as England, some providences in Canada, Ireland as well as many others that allow Adult Adoptees access to their original self just for the asking. America lags behind, as usual as far as the Civil Rights of its people. You can try to petition the court for your adoption records. But if you were born into or adopted out of one of the unjust confidentiality biased states that barter and banter with what could have been stated or intended at the time of your birth, without legal statement of intent from biological parents- you are at a loss in that event. You can go to the Vital Records website in your state and request a copy of your birth certificate. They will send you a copy for a fee. Or you can call them. But if you request your original birth certificate when adoption has taken place in a closed record state, they will "red flag" your file. And any additional attempts to receive that original file at any time will be negated. That is, unless your state changes its laws and allows you to grow up legally and values every Adult Adoptee citizen to gain access to their biological heritage and original Vital Record. Biological contact, reunion or not is another agenda and has nothing to do with YOU having access to YOUR records. Adoption Records aren't usually opened - in closed states- until an adoptee or their child is on their death bed and the illness is biologically connected to their DNA. Fact, not fiction. All I know is that it is a very sad day, when a parent loses a child due to an unknown illness that could have been prevented.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Court date assigned.motion of discovery/validation letter? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I have read many helpful things on here for people being sued by collection agencies. I am being sued by a collection agency for a debt that I don't feel I owe (well the entire amount of at least) It was within one month of when the statute of limitations ran out. Anyhow, I gave my statement...

Form 1099 received, but do I report on Form 1040 or just Form 2106? [ 1 Answers ]

Greetings. I'm hoping I can get some help on what to do with a 1099-MISC form I received from my employer that were for business expense reimbursements. I have read through some questions and answers already and based on them I'm going to file this as a Form 2106. The question is should I...

Need a sample Form to File in court [ 1 Answers ]

I am writing an Intent To Defend letter for my parents to file in a court case where a credit card company is suing them. They are disabled and can't afford an attorney, does anyone know where I can find a free online form to go by in order for this to be correct. I am desperate here as time is...

Legal service for court appearance [ 1 Answers ]

My mother and I are named in a legal suite pertaining to a will. My mother was served by a person. I am out of the country and haven't been served. We are wondering if my mother has to appear

Need motion in opposition to defendants motion for summary judgement & TO STOP Thief [ 5 Answers ]

Good day all,received a motion in the mail "plaintiff's motion for default judgement as to defendents xxxxxx,xxxxxx,xxxxxx, and judgement on the pledings as to defendant xxxxxxx (state gov agency that sold the tax deed ) this case is about a overlooked tax lein sold against my grandmothers house ...

View more questions Search