Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2008, 09:24 AM
    Antique book prices
    Does anyone know a site where I can get actual prices for old books?

I inherited (among other things) a box of books, I originally thought they were from the 60's but looking at the inside covers they are much older, 1904 to 1914 dates of publication.

I assume a used book shop would give me hardly anything. I have about 12 books and they are novels, actually mostly about life on the US / Mexico border around that time... they sound interesting but I'm afraid to damage them by reading them.
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2008, 09:42 AM
    This might help you:
    Rare Books - ABAA Antiquarian Booksellers Association of America

Or this:
    BOOK APPRAISALS & VALUATIONS - Professional book appraisals

Have fun! I adore old books and have number of pre-1900 editions. Enjoy your search!
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2008, 11:36 AM
    Thanks, the first site doesn't have many of them, but 2 of them are worth $40 each so far... ill keep checking them
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2008, 11:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowtax4eva
    Thanks, the first site doesnt have many of them, but 2 of them are worth $40 each so far... ill keep checking them
    Sweeeet! Glad its helping! :)
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 10, 2008, 12:28 AM
    If you could also give us some specific titles and authors and if we put our heads together here, I'll bet that we could give you some specific information about possible values right on this site.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is a good thesis statement with any book and another book or movie [ 2 Answers ]

Well do u have a good thesis stament for sny book and movie

Weekly reader book order book from the 80's [ 5 Answers ]

OK, I am so frustrated! I had this book when I was in the 5th grade in the 80's, I'd say it was around 1985 or 1986. Anyway, I loved this book and I lost it when I was a kid and I would give ANYTHING to find it again! I got the book from the Weekly Reader book order in school. There was a girl...

How do I antique after painting? [ 1 Answers ]

I recently used an antiquing kit from Rustoleum's American Accents collection and the look is awful. The base coat is ivory and the stain top coat is a brown color. It doesn't look antiqued to me, it just resembles an off white color that someone threw muddy water on. After reading online...

Antique headboard [ 2 Answers ]

I recently bought a headboard/footboard from a dealer, who only had two of the brackets. They are made to hook into the old board (single hook) and bolt onto a modern frame. I've attached a photo of the bracket. Has anyone ever seen anything like this? Or know of a different bracket that has a...

Antique mower [ 1 Answers ]

I have an antique riding lawn mower that has a Briggs and Stanton engine, was made by MILBRADT. My guess it was made in the 1920's or 30's. Does anyone know anything about these? Year or value?

View more questions Search