Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    e65scott Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2008, 08:47 AM
    "Frozen Pipes"
    Crazy weather in the Midwest, when it should be cold, it is warm, and visa versa ! In my area, the water table is high, so even on the coldest of days, snow on the ground, the "Sump Pump" does its job. So to my problem, the exterior discharge line, "FREEZING", beside using bails of hay to insulate, any other suggestions, next to moving to Florida ? Cost is another issue, a big issue, cheap as I can do it. Tnx
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Mar 7, 2008, 09:51 AM
    A few questions e65scott:

What size is the discharge pipe?
    Is the exterior discharge pipe solid or flexible pipe?
    Does the interior discharge pipe have a check valve installed on it?
    How high up of the outside ground does it exit the building?
    How far is the discharge pipe run out away from home?
    And finally, does the ground slope away from home or is it level?

Get back to me and we will see what we can do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Intertherm Electric Furnace Blower works in "on" not in "auto" [ 6 Answers ]

I have an Intertherm Electric Furnace E2EB-015AH. I came home from work last night, turned the heat on and it didn't work as advertised. I could hear the relays clicking occasionally so I investigated a little and found the elements are heating up and cycling, the relay inside the thermostat cycles...

"what's the big deal?" about using the words "pimped out" in reference to Chelsea? [ 11 Answers ]

Some people don’t seem to think it is a big deal. Clinton Calls Shuster Comment Part of 'Troubling Pattern' | The Trail | washingtonpost.com

Honda accord 2000 6 cyl " the light "check" is on" [ 1 Answers ]

My honda accord 2000 6 cyl. With 101000k miles is was with the light "check" on. I took To a non-honda mechanic and he erased it. The computer said that the code is PO700, and the mechanic said that it needs to have the "transmission rebuilt", and the price ranges from $ 1500.00 - 1600.00. My...

"singing" water pipes [ 2 Answers ]

I just had a sediment filter installed by a plumber. I didn't run the water while he was here but after he left, I found that the pipes emit a high frequency whine (singing) when either hot or cold water is turned on. It stops when the water is turned off. I have opened every spigot and let the...

View more questions Search