Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    batmanbale Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2008, 07:22 AM
    Bending Moments
    The bending moment M, along a beam of length L (m), with a uniformly distributed load of w ( kN/m), is given by:
    M = wLx - wx2 where x is the distance measured
    2 2 from one end

When L = 8 and w = 4, M = 16x - 2x2
    Determine:
    (a) the maximum value of M (at the centre of the beam)

(b) the values of x when M = 21
    batmanbale Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2008, 07:28 AM
    Moments - Bending
    The bending moment M, along a beam of length L (m), with a uniformly distributed load of w ( kN/m), is given by:
    M = wLx/2 - wx2/2

where x is the distance measured from one end

When L = 8 and w = 4, M = 16x - 2x2
    Determine:
    (a) the maximum value of M (at the centre of the beam)

(b) the values of x when M = 21

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Moments of inertia etc - :confusion: [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, I'm in year 12 in england taking my advanced level in physics, however my understanding of moments is confused. I understand the clockwise turning moment needs to equal the anti-clockwise moment, however when I look at any question that involves 2 pivots or a change in the center of...

10 week old puppy having very aggressive moments! [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 10 week old adorable Black Labrador puppy called Roo! She's absaloutly lovely and I have had her just over 2 weeks! About a week ago she randomly started growling aggressivly at my brother! He wasn't doing anything to provoke this, it was like an atitude change. She would only do it for...

Bending 1/2 " cooper pipe [ 2 Answers ]

I'm a novice do-it -yourselfer. I'm trying to replace a new shower but the new valve I purchased does not line up with the old cooper piping supply lines. It is 1/2" cooper and is off about 3/4" on either side of the fixture. Can Cooper piping be bent slighting and if so how? Thank you.

Side of TV picture bending inward [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Sony Trinitron TV that is 13 years old, I have never had a problem with it but about 2 days ago there is a black frame on the sides that is bending inward . I can still watch TV but since the sides are bent inward it elongates the people, picture and it is very annoying. Any ideas what...

View more questions Search