Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nwsflash Posts: 530, Reputation: 73

Jan 30, 2006, 11:51 AM
    Wembley Not Ready For F.A Cup Final
    I find it hard to understand that these guys are been paid £757m to build the new Wembley stadium but can't get the dead-line for the F.A Cup Final, But the company from Australia issue another profits warning to its shareholders:confused: .

Don't get me wrong the plans look cool for the new stadium, just intrested what others think on this issue?? ;) Plus do you think its worth the cost, and what are tickets going to cost lol to go there...
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Jan 30, 2006, 01:22 PM
    Worth every penny.I shall attend every game played there,due to buying out every private box.Will donate all my millions to look around :D

Actually,that's all bolks!! I shall never go.Too expensive.I would have spent all that money on hospitals,and homes for the elderly.The day centre where I work needs a new carpet in the hallway.Wont happen yet,because of lack of funds.Now if we had £757 million :eek:

And yes,I am a football lover.I know Wembley will look superb,but only for the "Haw-Haw" brigade,eating their cucumber sandwiches!!

Strewth.Roll-on Match Of The Day.
    nwsflash Posts: 530, Reputation: 73

Jan 30, 2006, 01:31 PM
    LoL Nez, I was stunnded when I say the money that we had spent as a country on this project. Londoners you thought the mill' dome was a hike in Council Tax, wait till your paying the bill for this too!!

I agree it will be great to see it on t.v, but we could have put the money to better use as you said, maybe even took some of the homeless kids of the streets.
    roundmonkeylover Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2007, 02:30 PM
    I've been around it several times during the construction. What I can say is it is an amazing buiding and an incredibly difficult construction project. Moreover, whilst I'm not a great fan of multiplex the contractor, the fault lies more with the client and their key financial backer - the government. The FA are a half-arsed bunch of morons who are amazingly at the helm of a billion pound industry. Likewise a lot of the characters down in Whitehall are a half-arsed bunch of morons at the helm of a trillion pound economy.

If you take a look down the road T5 a project 5 times the cost, is pretty much running on time and to the contract budget. BAA have a repuatation for being a glood client and taking the advice of the consultants they employ.

All I care about now is Forest and they're next Wembley appearance (hopefully the play off final). I suggest that most other footie fans will forget about the wait and revell in this amazing new stadium.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is HD-ready? [ 4 Answers ]

In considering a flat screen TV, what is the difference in HDTV, HD-ready, LCD?

Ready to chop it all off! [ 2 Answers ]

Please help - I have had it with my hair! I was growing out highlights for about 8 months and had probably 4 inches of natural growth. It didn't look bad, but my hairstylist said she could die over the part with highlights to match my correct color. Well, she actually had to end up dying my...

Almost ready to go [ 13 Answers ]

I have bought a Linksys Wireless Adapter to connect to my computer via USB cable. I bought it on eBay, so it didn't come with directions or a CD, but I am not sure if a CD is necessary. I need some help getting connected. Can anyone help me?

How do I say I'm ready [ 3 Answers ]

My husband and I have talked about when we have babies and stuff like that but I haven't been able to figure out how to tell him I am ready to try. I am not sure if he wants to have one right now or not but I do I am scared I will say it in the wrong way I don't know how to tell him what should I...

View more questions Search