Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    x07k12j Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2008, 09:40 PM
    "Plumbing Amazing Goop" NON-use for materials
    What CAN'T or SHOULDN'T I use "Amazing Goop" Plumbing Contact Adhesive and Sealant stuff on? I want to use it to seal an unglazed toilet tank hole with a grommet of unknown material (some type of elastomer that has turned putty-like where exposed long-term to San Diego, CA tap water)
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Mar 7, 2008, 05:05 AM
    YOU CAN use it on porcelain fixtures such as toilet tanks.

BUT this grommet you are talking about... any chance we are talking about a toilet tank bolt and rubber washer? There are either two of these or three of these bolting a toilet tank to the toilet bowl.

If you are talking about these bolts you are better off replacing the bolts... not real hard to do if you have some basic hand tools... and we are glad to talk you through installation.

Let me know what exactly you are trying to do... if you are just trying to cover over the hole with bolt and washer it will fail one day... probably while you are at work or on vacation.. and can make a real mess!

Do you own or rent the property where problem is? If you own.. do it right, fix it. If you rent, call the landlord... Anyway, get back to me with any answers you can. Thank you... Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Intertherm Electric Furnace Blower works in "on" not in "auto" [ 6 Answers ]

I have an Intertherm Electric Furnace E2EB-015AH. I came home from work last night, turned the heat on and it didn't work as advertised. I could hear the relays clicking occasionally so I investigated a little and found the elements are heating up and cycling, the relay inside the thermostat cycles...

"what's the big deal?" about using the words "pimped out" in reference to Chelsea? [ 11 Answers ]

Some people don’t seem to think it is a big deal. Clinton Calls Shuster Comment Part of 'Troubling Pattern' | The Trail | washingtonpost.com

Honda accord 2000 6 cyl " the light "check" is on" [ 1 Answers ]

My honda accord 2000 6 cyl. With 101000k miles is was with the light "check" on. I took To a non-honda mechanic and he erased it. The computer said that the code is PO700, and the mechanic said that it needs to have the "transmission rebuilt", and the price ranges from $ 1500.00 - 1600.00. My...

Can not "copy", "paste" and "cut" ! [ 2 Answers ]

Last week, my laptop was infected by virus, I sent for repair. After that, I couldn't find "copy" and "cut", and"paste" is in grey colour ! What have to do to have them back ? Can someone help ? Thanks in advance !

View more questions Search