Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amanda11 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2008, 08:33 PM
    Follow up on mom cheating on dad
    This is a follow up question about my mom cheating on my dad and who should I tell... I told my mom tonight with the condition that she tell my dad that night (so that she didn't take off with the money) and if she had left the house, I'd have told my dad immediately. She tried to tell me that it was something he already knew, but I tought she was lying so I made her tell him anyway. She told him, he freaked out, and now he's gone on a walk to clear his head. My mom came to me after he left and told me I shouldnt' tell him any of the specific details because it would only hurt him. She makes a good point but I'm understandably suspicious that she's maybe told him some lies about her affair to make it sound less bad. My question is: Is it really that important for him to know all the honest details like with who, when the last time was etc... or is it really just better to not give specifics because it's true that he would just be very hurt by knowing all those things? For example, I think she may have lied to him about when the last time they've been together was but is that something he truly needs to know the honest truth about, or would me saying that it was today as opposed to two weeks ago just be adding extra hurt and pain for him? It's really difficult to explain... like, he knows she's cheating on him is that good enough?
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Mar 6, 2008, 08:38 PM
    Your mother hurt him, not you.

Don't bear the guilt of knowing something that he probably should know. Its reality.

The sooner they face the truth together, in its entirety, the better.

If you have more to say, and I think you do... its only the honest truth. Your mother may be upset with you... but its her shame and her fault.
    l12 Posts: 65, Reputation: 3

Mar 8, 2008, 08:25 PM
    You opened up the truth... now step back... and let the adults handle THEIR situation and know that you are loved by both parents... Step back and breathe... and focus on you and your sibling... and Pray... God knows all... does all and helps all that ask.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mom cheating on dad [ 26 Answers ]

I hope this is the right category... yesterday I came across some of my mom's emails which showed that she and another man hve been sleeping together since christmas eve. That was scary enough, but then some of the emails started talking about hwo she was going to get a divorce from my dad, and...

My Mom and dad [ 4 Answers ]

Hi,Iam rani.Working as an Accountant in Security Services.I done my B.Com Computers .And I am the college first student. My Parents loves me a lot.My mummy wants me to listen to her words and she doesn't wants my opinion.If I rejects to her words she thinks that I am not respecting her and I don't...

Mom and child against Dad and Me [ 3 Answers ]

My husband and I were recently married. I have known my husband all my life but we were just now fortunate enough to find one another in a very special love. We have a problem though, My husband has two grown wonderful children and he has a 17 year old son who has given us a great deal of...

Mom and dad tensions [ 2 Answers ]

I am 16. My dad is bipolar. He had an outbreak before the summer and went to the hospital, but everything (for the most part) got better. Today when he got home from work, he told me that my mom told him "to leave and never come back" a few days ago. He swore at me when I got home today....

Mom and dad. [ 2 Answers ]

See my mom and dad are "divorced." But they are not legally divorced. So he is not paying child support. So life sucks right now. If my mom and dad do get divored... Is it a court deal? Or is it just papers and done?

View more questions Search