Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mcace5899 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2008, 08:11 PM
    Charge off
    I got a phone call today from a company saying that my cc was charged off because of late,missed payments. They told me I needed to come up with 3 grand by the 21st of this month and if I din't I would have to get an attorney to settle this for me. Does anyone know how this works and what the law is? I live in sc
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 6, 2008, 08:20 PM
    What it means is that if you don't pay they will sue you, obtain a judgement and then garnish your wages or bank accounts.

There are lots of threads in this and the Bankruptcy and Debt forums that discuss this. I suggest spending some time browsing them.
    mcace5899 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2008, 08:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    What it means is that if you don't pay they will sue you, obtain a judgement and then garnish your wages or bank accounts.

There are lots of threads in this and the Bankruptcy and Debt forums that discuss this. I suggest spending some time browsing them.
    Thank you. Where on li are you from?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 7, 2008, 07:09 AM
    SE Nassau

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Charge off [ 5 Answers ]

Lhr inc called today and the lady left a message stating that she had my file on her desk and a case # as well.My original creditor charged the account off so, I guess it was sold to lhr.What should I do at this point? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Charge off [ 3 Answers ]

Question is in a charge off debt I am being sued for an amount it that legal

Do they have the Right to be in charge? [ 19 Answers ]

Why does the governernment have the right to be in charge? To even exist? I didn't agree to be Australian, I didn't vote to say "lets form a government" so why should I have to follow their rules, even acknwoledge their existence? Who in the first place, in history, actually said "Thats it, im...

Charge of? [ 1 Answers ]

On one of my credit report one credit card said charge of? What does that mean?

View more questions Search