Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marciep Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2008, 04:23 PM
    Won't power on, blinking green power light.
    During a power outage last night, my computer was left on, now the computer won't turn on. The power light is blinking green. There is a surge protector in use.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Mar 6, 2008, 04:30 PM
    I don't have an answer for you. I can tell you my computer does a funky thing like that too... at the back, the green light blinks quickly.

I have to open up the side of the machine and fiddle with the cable that runs from the power source to the motherboard... wiggle it a bit and it'll fire up... if I just pull it out and push it in, it still blinks... but if I angle it just perfectly, the fan kicks in an it boots.

So I'm guessing my power source is goofy, my cable is goofy, or my motherboard is goofy. Only reason I haven't fixed it is I'm ready to buy another PC, and the day it dies, well, I won't cry... all is backed up.

So... not an answer... but my post will bump this up again on the New Posts board.
    scoobydoo_157 Posts: 27, Reputation: 4

Mar 7, 2008, 09:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by marciep
    during a power outage last night, my computer was left on, now the computer won't turn on. The power light is blinking green. There is a surge protector in use.
    Try some simple steps first.

Hold down the power button on the tower. Does the computer shut off?
    Unplug the computer from the surge protector.
    Try a different surge protector.
    Try to power the computer back on.

Do you hear any beeps?
    adec234 Posts: 79, Reputation: 2

Mar 8, 2008, 12:16 PM
    Immediately you on your system you don't hear any beep or screen text message error,
    And system is still blink green light.
    1. Unplug your power cord.
    2. Open your system and your power pack if is well plug on main board
    3. Cheek all the hardware if they are well connected both data and power cables
    4. Cheek your processor if it well seated and memory card
    thooper56 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2009, 09:41 AM

Sometimes during the rapid on/off power fluctuations that often accompany power outage, the computer gets "confused". If you will unplug the power cable from the back and wait at least 30 seconds before plugging it back in, it might just start up normally again.

If that doesn't help, and you don't hear beeps, but you see a few lights on like the power light or on the CD drive or keyboard, you might need a new power supply.
    handy123 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2009, 04:11 PM
    Sounds like you need to replace your power supply.
    jamesbraken Posts: 157, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2009, 11:19 PM

Hi,
    Please check the power code of the monitor. Check the SMPS or main power supply whether, it's fan is working or not .
    When you start your computer then, press f2 or Del key to enter the CMOS setup. If, computer enter the CMOS, it means power supply is working fine.
    Also check the motherboard display. If still not display anything then you can contact to your computer vendor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore dishwasher- green light blinking- will not work [ 3 Answers ]

We have a 2.5 yr old kenmore (ultra wash quiet guard4) dishwasher that has the clean light flashing green and will not work. We could obviously see the heating element was broke- we replaced that and it is still not functioning. Is there a reset button> What else could the flashing green light...

Car won't start, no click and no power to radio, power window or locks [ 6 Answers ]

After installing a new starter on a 1999 2WD Explorer it will not start. There is no click when trying to start it, its just dead, and the radio, power locks/windows, a/c, and dash light don't work but the interior lights work and so do the headlights. We've had the starter checked to make sure...

Difference between a Power Distribution Unit (PDU) and a Remote Power Panel (RPP) [ 1 Answers ]

Is there any difference between a Power Distribution Unit (PDU) and a Remote Power Panel (RPP) in context of data center? If yes, then what is it?. Thanks.

Blinking power light [ 1 Answers ]

I recently replaced the power supply on my computer. Now whenever I shut the computer down the power indicator light located on the front of the tower will blink rapidly followed by a clicking sound. Can anyone tell me what the problem id

View more questions Search