Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Helpman Posts: 39, Reputation: 2

Mar 6, 2008, 02:24 PM
    Computer Desktop powers briefly and shuts
    My desktop power power on briefly and shuts, I observed the fan on CPU turns on when I switch button on and then fan stops. I replaced the CPU ( Intel/Celeron)fan recently, after this problem started
    jstrike Posts: 418, Reputation: 44

Mar 7, 2008, 08:43 AM
    It could also be your power supply or it could be your motherboard.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer will start in safe mode, but powers down in other modes [ 2 Answers ]

Well, the title pretty much says it all. This just started happening tonight. The computer powers down on start up after the "Windows" screen comes up and the status bar starts chugging away. I can start up fine in Safe Mode. Any ideas as to how to fix my problem? I've got a big project I...

Shock from Desktop Computer [ 2 Answers ]

I have been getting small shocks from the case of my desktop computer,(especially the screws that hold the cover on). Where can I look to correct this problem? I have tried changing cords and plugs, and this does not seem to help, so I would guess that it has something to do with the computer...

Computer shuts down [ 4 Answers ]

Hello to all. I have a couple problems with my computer:mad: . One is I keep having this box pop up saying cannot find FLASH.OCX. I don't know what that is and why it keeps poping up. Any suggestions? Also. The most annoying thing is that my computer will shut down for no apparent reason. It will...

Can't reinstall XP - computer powers off [ 2 Answers ]

OK, I either made a major mistake, or I have a hardware problem, maybe. I have reformatted my hard drive using a WINME startup disk. After fdisk, there are two partitions, P1 is active, assigned type NTFS, status of "A", 38gig, system is blank, 100% usage. P2 is labeled "C", no status, type is...

View more questions Search