Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1023mya Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2008, 01:21 PM
    Should I leave my husband not even 1year marriage yet?
    I'v only beeen married about 7 months. When I got married my husbands mother was terminally ill. She passed away 5 days after we got married. Ever since then my husband has had complusive behavior ever since. He is worried about poker and old cars. I don't if this behavior plays part in his mother death. Ever since we got married he's always been so busy that he has no time for me. But he works plays poker online and even goes out a couple nites a week to play poker over at a cousins house. We fight about poker all the time. He is getting so bad he stays out till 8:00 in th emorning playing poker. I feel like I don't have any part in his life anymore. He doesn't make time for me. What should I do?
    hollylovesbrandon Posts: 633, Reputation: 78

Mar 6, 2008, 01:25 PM
    Try marriage counseling. Marriage is a 2-way street and he needs to realize that. I know he just suffered a great loss, but his mother would not be proud of his behavior. And even if he won't agree to marriage counseling he needs to be in counseling to work through his issues of losing his mother.
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Mar 6, 2008, 01:59 PM
    Mya,

Your husband is NOT compulsive, he is addicted to gambling. This in and of itself can be very dangerous for family life.

If you have a family Priest, Pastor or Rabi, seek their counsel. Alternatives would be Gamblers Anonymous. Talk to them, by calling their hot line and tell them up front you are not the gambler your husband is and you are seeking their advice in helping you to make sure your suspicions are correct.

As to whether this involves the death of your mother-in-law, I suspect that his mom knew of the problem and held him in check somehow. Now that she's passed away, that impediment is no longer there.

Also, talk to bozo and find out why he needs to gamble so much regardless of the fact that he is single handedly destroying your marriage. However, don't imagine that you will get a truthful answer.

When he pulls his next all nighter, don't be there when he gets home. Let him start fending for himself. Do your wash, not his. Cook your dinner and tell him once dinner is ready, but don't take it to him. If he wants to pretend that your not necessary for his life, show him what life would be like without you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I get my husband to leave? [ 6 Answers ]

My husband is making my life a misery, he won't leave the marital home and is emotionally abusing me. He treats my 19yr old daughter the same way and yet treats our 13yr old son fine. I can't take much more I am in my third year as a student nurse and cannot afford to divorce him. He has enough...

Should I leave my husband [ 31 Answers ]

I don't know what to do. My husband and I have been married for ten years. It has been rocky from the very beginning. In the past, whenever we would get into an argument, he would become physically violent. A couple of years ago, he bit a plug out of my hand, and it required medical treatment. I...

Should I leave my husband [ 7 Answers ]

Me and my husband have been married for almost five years and we are both under 35 we keep on arguing and just being so irritated by each other lately all we do is blame each other and we keep contemplating divorce I think we are both scared of being alone as for me I would like to break up and...

Wait for marriage or leave together [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I come from a family where marriage is very important and living together is not seeing as acceptable. Although, I don't see it the same way, I'm constently debating weather or not should I wait for marriage or just move in with my boyfriend. My partner would love for me to get a new...

Should I leave my husband? [ 5 Answers ]

I have been married for 9 years and been with my husband for 10. I have two children and he has two other children from a previous marriage. I really need your help to clear my mind. I am having huge problems with my husband and the stepson who lives with us. First of all this child was sprung on...

View more questions Search