Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Joan Gordon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2008, 08:40 AM
    Tax rebate-2008
    Tax rebate: Is tax rebate actually a loan to be paid back in 2009?
    amricca Posts: 851, Reputation: 92

Mar 6, 2008, 08:58 AM
    Yes, something like that. It will come out of your rebate in 2008.

Do we have to pay back this so called tax rebate check coming this spring? - Yahoo! Answers
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Mar 6, 2008, 10:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by amricca
    Yes, something like that. It will come out of your rebate in 2008.
    No - you will not be taxed on the stimulus payment, and will not have to "pay it back." See:

Will I Have to Pay Taxes On My Rebate?

Stimulus Payments: Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
    amricca Posts: 851, Reputation: 92

Mar 6, 2008, 10:55 AM
    Confusing, according to the link ebaines provided we won't have to pay it back. I heard, while it will not come directly out of your pocket, they are working it out so that it affects your 2008 return and the gov. will get it back so to speak.
    Wildsporty Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Mar 9, 2008, 08:40 AM
    You will not directly have to pay it back, it is not a loan, however, I am sure down the road the government will figure out a way to get it back.

Shirley
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Mar 9, 2008, 09:19 AM
    NO Stimulus tax rebate is NOT a loan.
    You don't have to repay it.

Read: Your Tax Return: Are You Eligible for 2008 Stimulus Tax Rebate Payment?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stimulus Tax Rebate Check [ 4 Answers ]

We have two adult children, 19 and 21, both in college and both earned over $3000 last year. We as their parents file jointly and claim them as our dependents. My question is this: Will our children get a rebate check of $600 a piece or will we get one for each of them under the $300 dependent...

Tax rebate for seniors [ 3 Answers ]

On the $300.00 tax rebate for social security seniors that make $3,000 or more Still have to file a tax return. Question is should they just fill in the line of income And send form SSA-1099. Or must they fill out the entire form. Because social Security income is unearned income in the first...

H4 tax rebate [ 1 Answers ]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- My annual income in the US would be $60000. I understand this is taxable at 30% amounting to $3500 per month(is this correct?). If I have 2 dependants on H4(my spouse and baby), what would be the tax rebate? How...

H4 - Tax rebate [ 1 Answers ]

My company in the US would pay me $5000. I understand this is taxable at 30% amounting to $3500 per month(is this correct?). If I have 2 dependants on H4(my spouse and baby), what would be the tax rebate? How much money would I end up in hand per month?

Tax Rebate for my Spouse [ 1 Answers ]

I was in US for the full year 2005 on L1 Visa and my wife could join me only in the month of Jan,2006 as she was expecting and the paper work for the new born in India could only be completed by Jan,2006. Can I claim tax exemptions for both of them.I don't have any SSN or ITIN for my spouse and...

View more questions Search