Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    almcrose Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2008, 07:28 PM
    Dimmer switch
    Does dimmer switch save electricity
    Switch rated for 600 watts
    Circuit has 5 65 watt bulbs total 325 watts
    When dimmer is used does it save energy and electricity ?
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Mar 6, 2008, 05:05 AM
    Yes, any modern dimmer will lower the energy use when it is turned down.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New Dimmer/Fan Switch [ 1 Answers ]

I just purchased a dimmer/fan switch (Harbor Breeze) The fan will only come on or work when the light is on. When I turn the light up al the way, the fan on high will run at full speed, but when the light is dimmed the speed of the fans goes down, it'll also go down if I turn the fan speed...

Lutron Dimmer Switch [ 1 Answers ]

I have just bought several of the Lutron Dimmer switch from Home Depot. One that has on/off along with a sliding dimmer. When the switch is in OFF position, it has has little led that lit up servicing as a locator in the dark. I'm simply just replacing these with an existing Leviton switch...

Dimmer switch hot [ 4 Answers ]

We recently changed over fluorescent lighting to track lighting with a dimmer switch. Recently I noticed that there was a bit of a blue spark when we turned the switch off and the switch itself was warm. What would the problem here be?:confused:

Dimmer switch [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to change a regular light switch (2 wires red and black) with a dimmer switch with 3 wires ( 2 black and a green) where do you connect these 3 wires? THX.

Dimmer Switch [ 1 Answers ]

I have a set of four standard toggle switches next to each other all controlling different lights within the house. I want to replace one of those toggle switchs with a dimmer for one of the lights. I just wanted to maker sure that putting a dimmer switch in between the other toggle switches...

View more questions Search