Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    baller2705712 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2008, 05:43 PM
    I want to start a career in the music industry.
    [F]I want to start a career in the music industry but i don't know where to begin, I am about sixteen years old and i made up my mind that i want to become a singer!!!! What type of singer? mostly a R&B singer !!! I love singing, singing is my passion and i want to touch people with my music and my vocal abilities but don't know where to start and i really want some advice.....
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 5, 2008, 05:58 PM
    A voice teacher, learn music theory. And sing every where you can at any open mike, any charity event, any and every where you can
    biki111 Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Mar 7, 2008, 12:46 AM
    Buddy you better learn it if you are serious about it. Singing needs time. Test your vocals. If they are good then little bit of guidance can help you. Then create a good video portfolio showing you singing. Compile those videos into one video profile/portfolio. Send it to the producers and directors, managers. You can make video portfolio by uploading your videos to the video sharing sites like Think Got Talent
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 7, 2008, 02:15 AM
    In addition to the answers that you have already been give, I would like to add, that if you would like to start a career in the music industry, are you willing to sing in other styles other than R&B? You may need to sing in other styles in order to get your foot in the door in that kind of industry. I have been in the music industry a very long time as both a vocalist and as an instrumentalist.

Do you already sing in a choir at your school or maybe church? Do you have shows where you go to school where you might get an opportunity to display your talent? Those would be places where you could start and also get guidance and advice from others who are already in the music industry in some way.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What could be the career objective for a fresher in aviation Industry? [ 1 Answers ]

This is very simple for many of you but not for me now, so try to think as a begginner in the corporate world and answer my question

How can I start a singing career [ 10 Answers ]

:confused:how can I get people to hear my singing and try to start a singing career

Start a Talent agency within the music industry [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to start booking musical acts in my area. Do I just need a business license to get started as I would be charging a commission or are there other logistics to deal with.

How should I start my music career? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm a pianist and 16 years old. I've been looking at other careers to fall back on so I can do that, earn money, but still do my music. I was looking into Social Work, but not sure, or even becoming a sound engineer? Could anyone please give me any advice as to what to do?

View more questions Search