Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alice1 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2008, 05:15 PM
    Bubbling toilet
    This is a simple question. When the upstairs toilet is flushed, the downstairs toilet bubbles up. I realize there is a block somewhere. Can I pour anything into the toilet that may help to clear this up ? I have a septic tank.
    shmrckpl Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2008, 05:19 PM
    You can try septic rid but it really sounds like you need you sewer line cleaned to your tank... did you check to see if your tank was FULL?

Mar 5, 2008, 05:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shmrckpl
    You can try septic rid but it really sounds like you need you sewer line cleaned to your tank......did you check to see if your tank was FULL?
    I live on the water. The tank is always full of water. I will try your suggestion. It's driving me crazy.
    I wanted to be sure it was the pipe from the toilet to the septic tank and not the pipe that goes through the roof before I mess with either. Thanks

Mar 5, 2008, 05:39 PM
    The only common way the vent through the roof gets clogged is from animals or leaves... second floor toilet bubbles 95% of time it's the line to the tank...

Mar 5, 2008, 05:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shmrckpl
    The only common way the vent thru the roof gets clogged is from animals or leaves....second floor toilet bubbles 95% of time it's the line to the tank....
    It's the first floor that bubbles when the second floor is flushed. Do I understand correctly that it is probably the line to the tank? I am getting confused.

Mar 5, 2008, 05:50 PM
    Yes... line between house and tank

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bubbling toilet [ 1 Answers ]

My lower level toilet started making bubbling noises when my softner was running. I have a septic tank. The water went down to almost nothing in my toilet, but when I flushed it, it backed up. Later on, I tried and it flushed normal, but is making the bubbling noise again when I did laundry and...

Bubbling toilet [ 1 Answers ]

Strata four storie apartment block, a main floor toilet bubbles when a forth floor directly above, shower or washing machine empties... all plumbing goes to the underground parking

Bubbling Toilet [ 3 Answers ]

I am writing in spite of a bubbling toilet. My husband and I just can’t get this one figured out! Our toilet has been bubbling for maybe close to a month now. So this past weekend we tried to fix the unknown problem. We have a city sewer system in case that helps you to help me. Anyhow, we...

Bubbling Toilet [ 1 Answers ]

For the past few months our toilet bubbles. It started when we would use the washer now it happens whenever any water is running. Our landlord came out during July and supposedly fixed the problem. He thought the house had a septic tank but realized it didn't. We are connected to the city sewer. ...

Toilet bubbling [ 1 Answers ]

I Just purchased a 55 year old house. The upstairs toilet bowl was empty for some reason but the tank was full. This toilet was disgusting so I replaced it. I have noticed that when I flush this new toilet on the upper floor a large air bubble comes out of the toilet bowl in the toilet in the...

View more questions Search