Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    acicomp Posts: 81, Reputation: 9

Mar 5, 2008, 03:47 PM
    Outlets and Lights on one circuit
    Ok, so we have a small electric project we are running. We will have 1 electric outlet and then two light fixtures. All of this is in an attic space. The outlets will be used on a regular basis (always on) for a projector and an electric screen. (Both of these are very low in draw) From the outlet, I plan to rcontinue the run to two light sockets (On a switch) just to have overhead lighting if we need to be in the attic to work on anything such as air vents, projector or screen mounts, etc... I plan to run this on 12-2 wire and a 20A circuit. The lights will only be on in very limited sitiuations. Anyone see any issues? (I now that is a loaded question, but I had to ask before I finish the wiring.) We have pulled in the 12-2 already into the panel and are going to hopefully add the new breaker tomorrow and install the outlets and light sockets.

Thanks
    Chris
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Mar 5, 2008, 08:24 PM
    Sounds like a good plan. Be careful in the panel.
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2008, 09:19 PM
    acicomp - I agree with Herold ,this circuit should work fine Good l;uck and don't get a free hair curlling . GOD BLESS ::: F.B.E.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How many outlets/lights/rooms/other on one circuit? [ 8 Answers ]

I have a house built in the 1890s with the original knob and tubing wiring. I'm completely remodeling the bathroom and I want to rewire 3 bedrooms. At first, my plan was to use one circuit per room, but I'm not going to have enough circuits in the existing panel for that. So my question is,...

Mixing outlets & lights on same circuit [ 3 Answers ]

Is their any reason that electric outlets and electric lights can not be on the same circuit?

Number of outlets and lights on one residential circuit [ 6 Answers ]

I live in a town home with unfinished basement. As part of finishing my basement I am now wiring the family room. The room is almost 18' x 14' and there is one 15A dedicated circuit meant for this room. I am thinking of the following outlets to be in that circuit. 1 GFCI 9 regular receptacles...

Wiring basement - outlets/lights per circuit [ 3 Answers ]

I'm finishing my basement and I'm getting ready to do the wiring plan. I plan to have both outlets and lights on each circuit and I'm planning on 3 circuits (1 for a workshop (20Amp?), 2 (15 Amp?)for the rest of the basement including a rec room, craft room, bathroom, closets). Are there code...

Too many outlets on a circuit? [ 5 Answers ]

My wife and I moved into our home 2 years ago(newly built) and the home had an unfinished basement(2 car garage and 2 unfinished rooms). The basement is currently on 1 circuit. Both rooms are now finished and each have 4 electrical outlets. The garage has 3 eletrical outlets, and there are also 2...

View more questions Search