Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cassandrita Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2008, 03:29 PM
    Boyfriend granddad is dying.
    My boyfriend grand father is very old and ill in the hospital. There is nothing more to do, basically the family is waiting for him to passaway... Lately, my boyfriend has been experiencing a lot of frustration at work and is not getting along with no one at work... already he has a badtemper...
    I feel kind of helpless. I know it is a difficult situation for him, but sometimes I feel like can find the words to cheer him up... What can I do or tell that could make him keep a positive eye, because he is really downing this situation
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2008, 05:20 PM
    One of the best books I ever read on this subject was by Dr. Bernie Segal, I think it was called Love, Medicine, and Miracles... The power of love and laughter in healing.

It covers the topic of death, and how to deal with it on a personal level.

If you can find this, and if he will read it, I think it could provide some valuable help for him.
    carly_may_13 Posts: 53, Reputation: 7

Jan 19, 2010, 07:23 AM

Don't try to push the subjects of how he's feeling or why he acts the way he does right now. Just be there for him and he'll open up to you when he's ready. If he's really down, just let him know that you'll always be there for him, if he needs someone to listen to him or give him a hug. Just don't push.
    Cyberstar Posts: 33, Reputation: 16

Feb 10, 2010, 06:03 PM

Find out what works best for him. It could be avoiding the topic altogether, talking about it, or engaging in activities like sports or hobbies. Adjust how you offer support to him based on what he tells you he needs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Re dying [ 2 Answers ]

I am watching my mother-in-law die from emphyazema, copd, broncitis, on thanksgiving day for 5 1/2 hours she was out of it, all most comatose she states that she was visiting the man up-stairs. Her oxygen tank is on 4 1/2 now and she refuses to sleep in the hospital bed, she still wants to smoke....

I want to know how to be there for my boyfriend who is dealing with his dying father. [ 7 Answers ]

My boyfriends dad is dying of Lou-Gherigs disease. It is to the point now where he doesn't have much time left to live. My boyfriend has never been good at dealing with his emotions or talking about his feelings. He usually bottles it all up inside for so long that eventually(maybe once every...

I think I'm dying... [ 2 Answers ]

Please help... My boyfriend and I broke up and I was hoping someone could give me an idea or two for an amazing romantic gesture... that doesn't cost anything... and that would REALLY fix and help things... I don't want to lose him because he is truly the only guy that really cares... we've been...

I'm dying & My boyfriend wants name on my house. Why? [ 16 Answers ]

Hi, I own my own home and my boyfriend of 5 years wants to move in but says he won't until his name is on the mortgage. I have all ready given him the home in my will, but that's not what he wants. He wants his name on it now, so he feels "secure". I don't understand. I have a zero interest...

I think I'm dying [ 2 Answers ]

I've been having weird nightmares about my recent grandmother and I feel I am going to get an icredibley life threatening disease and I'm going to die very shortly... I'm really scared :( please help me! If I do die what will be instore for me on the other side... is there really a tunnel to...

View more questions Search