Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Liz Khar Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2006, 09:09 PM
    Interest Rate Risk
    Consider three bonds with 8% coupon rates, all selling at face value. The short-term bond has a maturity of 4 years, the intermediate-term bond has maturity 8 years, and the long-term bond has maturity 30 years.

Which web site will be helpful for me to understand more about bonds.
    akhondzai Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2006, 10:51 PM
    www.investopedia.com
    Maritza Mena Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2011, 08:51 PM
    . Interest Rate Risk. Consider three bonds with 8% coupon rates, all selling at face value.
    The short- term bond has a maturity of 4 years,
    the intermediate- term bond has maturity 8 years,
    and the long- term bond has maturity 30 years.

a. What will happen to the price of each bond if their yields increase to 9%?

b. What will happen to the price of each bond if their yields decrease to 7%?
    The price of each bond if their yields decrease to 7%
    c. What do you conclude about the relationship between time to maturity and the sensitivity of bond prices to interest rates?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Home loan interest rate [ 1 Answers ]

What are some some of the home loan interest rates now for good to average credit for fixed rate.

Please help with Interest Rate Question [ 1 Answers ]

If a situation involves a 10% interest rate compounded semiannually for 10 years, what interest rate and number of periods would be used to compute the present value? Thanks

Children at risk [ 4 Answers ]

:'( This whole situation upsets me beyond words. My children were abused physically, sexually, and emotionally by my ex husband. We got away from him and he left us alone for over a year and a half. Then he took me to court for visitation. I won supervised visitation but after a few months...

View more questions Search