Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brutis Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2008, 02:16 PM
    Social Securty & Law
    Hello,My daughter receives widow benefits she is 40 years old & benefits for her daughter age 13 these benefits are from her deceased husband.Question,My daughter was stopped for D U I & resited arrest ,she is charged with two felonies ,her lawyer is trying to get the felonies dropped or lowered.she is surviving on the social security she is worried that she will loose her s s I because of the felonies,can this happen ? I did some research & I think it is only if you have e outstanding warrants which she does not have.She was un so much stress she made a mistake that resulted in D U I.WE no there will be probation involved ,she lives in Florida
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Mar 6, 2008, 05:47 PM
    The social security benefits are for the daughter. There might be a problem with the mother being able to receive the funds on behalf of her daughter due to the felonies. The Social Security people may want to have someone else appointed to handle the money for the child.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

About Social Security & Medicare Withholdings? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi. I am an F-1 student in my 4th year in the US. I am working under CPT for an off-campus company. The social security and Medicare taxes were withheld from my last month's pay check. So I talked to the company secretary and told her that I should be exempt from those withholdings. I also gave...

Conjunctive eyetist & social soon! [ 4 Answers ]

This morning when I woke up my eye lashes were stuck together and I couldn't open my eyes. I asked my mum about it and she said I have Conjunctive eyetist. I rang up my friend and she said she had it once and it usually lasts a week or few. Now here's the real problem... THE SCHOOL SOCIAL IS THIS...

Social Security & Garnishment [ 2 Answers ]

I have a joint bank account with my sister and we both deposit funds into this account. My Social Security check is automatically deposited each month. I have just received a Garnishment Notice from the bank that all the funds were taken out of the account for an old credit card debt I have, but...

Non-profit social club & stock [ 6 Answers ]

I'm preparing to create a non-profit 501(c)(7) social club. First step is incorporation in my state. I know that with a corporation, stock is important because it shows how much of the business people own. Also, when it comes to dispursement of profits, it decides who gets how much. However, do...

Medicare & Social Security Tax [ 7 Answers ]

Hi ATE: If I want to claim for the Medicare & Social Security Tax during my OPT year (mid 2004 - mid2005) right now, is it possible? The situation is that I'm not a valid alien anymore since I've returned to my country on mid 2005. Thanks, Jesslyn

View more questions Search