Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dark_crow Posts: 1,405, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2008, 01:14 PM
    “Should we get Barack another pillow?”
    Guess who made 26 trips between Damascus and Chicago from 2003 to 2006? The important question is, Why!!

Never underestimate the Clinton War Machine. Hillary was right a few weeks ago: “Now, the fun part starts.”

Barack Obama’s signature campaign line—”Yes, We Can!”—was delivered with a little less gusto last night.

Hillary Clinton—in the glow of her popular vote wins in Texas, Ohio, and Rhode Island—even co-opted it for her own version: “Yes, we will!”
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 5, 2008, 01:22 PM
    I don't know anything about US politics but I did live down there for several years and actually found it a lot more interesting then our staid Canadian politics.

I have been following the excitement in our local papers and I must say it is really interesting.

However, I didn't think Hillary did well in Texas but you say she had the popular vote, Dark. How do you really feel about the choice as it stands now. A black President, or a woman? Hilary has always been one of my favourites, but then I don't have to vote. Bill would love to get back in the whitehouse and would you ever have to wonder who exactly is running the country if Hillary makes it in ?

Mind you, I am not being facetious in any way, all honest questions really.
    buckbeater Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Mar 5, 2008, 01:33 PM
    GOBAMA! Hope this helps.
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Mar 5, 2008, 01:46 PM
    Well he could use one of the bags under Hillary's eyes. BTW fetch McCain a bedpan while your at it. :)
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2008, 02:03 PM
    Hi Tickle

I find it all fascinating…yes and exciting too. Have you ever attended a large political rally? I attended a National Convention in San Francisco years back, talk about excitement; it seemed the air itself was electrified.

I don't see it as a gender or race issue nor do I pretend to know enough about it all to make an educated guess as to which would make the best president…as BABRAM points out, age may be a factor in McCain because it's possible he couldn't get through a term.

Consequently I don't have a Dog in this race but that don't stop me from having fun with it all.
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2008, 02:17 PM

Why Not Just Split the Difference?

Mar 5, 2008, 04:01 PM
    Kinda of hard to separate these two...

tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 5, 2008, 04:04 PM
    Thanks guys, for the input, I enjoyed it all, now will stop asking questions and just read my paper every morning ! :) ROFL
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2008, 05:56 PM
    Well the answer to your Damascus question is Tony Rezko. But of course we can't talk about him since Obama gave his obligatory 8 answers to the national press about Rezko so he is as they say "old news". Why should we even wonder what the quid pro quo was when he purchased a mansion he could not possibly have afforded without Rezko's manipulations ? Why should we wonder if that quid pro quo just might involve favorable relations with Syria and former Baathists ;both of whom Rezko is known to have frequent dealings with ?

It is clear that Rezko did not have the cash to make the real estate move until 3 weeks before the transaction. But before Obama and Rita Rezko, closed on their real estate deals ,Iraqi billionaire businessman Nadhmi Auchi( implicated in the oil-for-food scandal and also has been convicted of fraud in France), "lent" $3.5 million to Tony Rezko. All this will come out if the press puts down their Obama pom poms long enough to notice.

On a related note ,Zbig Brzezinski is Obama's lead foreign policy adviser (flashback nightmares of the Carter years alert... On February 2, 1979, Brzezinski wrote a memo to Carter claiming that Islamic fundamentalism was not an imminent threat and would not gain prominence in the Middle East.).He took a junket to Damascus last month , as have a slew of other Democrats in recent years to advise the dictator Assad to bide his time because Obama plans on reversing the Bush policy of not negotiating with the terror sponsor, architect of political assassinations in Lebanon ,and puppet of the Mahdi-Hatter of Iran.Syria has exported terrorism to almost all its neighbors – to Israel, Lebanon, Iraq, and Turkey. So far only Turkey has managed to put an end to it once for all, and did so by threatening to invade.

Obama realizing that this move by Zbig could be political dynamite tried to distance himself from the Brzezinski's excellent adventure. Obama Adviser Leads Delegation to Damascus - February 12, 2008 - The New York Sun
    terellowens Posts: 123, Reputation: 9

Mar 5, 2008, 06:11 PM
    So because he went to damascus 23 times in 3 yearsd he is a muslim lol or some inside man trying to destroy the USA

Statements like that just make me laugh and people believe them! Only in America would such BS come up from another candidate and the public sit there believing every word she spouts
    I don't want hilary to win but for video game reasons :P she wants to ban GTA haha and cause I'm only 17 and all politics is bs anyway they claim to help the world but seem to make it worse!

But hey what do I know I'm some 17 yr old who couldn't care if someone had gone to a muslim skl for 3 years it doesn't make them a terrorist or muslim extremist! Get real people!
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2008, 06:30 PM
    Yeah you probably should take a break from GTA long enough to get some reading comprehension lessons
    terellowens Posts: 123, Reputation: 9

Mar 5, 2008, 06:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55
    yeah you probably should take a break from GTA long enough to get some reading comprehension lessons

Already got my A for English thanks :)

The internet is for typing how you want after all if you don't understand what I wrote (sorry)

Mar 5, 2008, 07:34 PM
    T.O.-

The Republicans are worried about the possibility of having to face Obama in the general election. Silly stories of Obama being corrupt, money deliberately being associated with him trafficking deals vai Rezko for his house, or being a Muslim, is just campaign normalcy here in the States. Obama's not the perfect politician nor will he go unscathed, but the fact is Rush Limbaugh, a rather extra wide loose-lipped radio personality for the Republican party, was asking Republicans to vote for Hillary in Texas. Rush, whom I don't see eye to eye with on several issues, knows the score.
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2008, 03:14 AM
    Love the irony... Hillary won because of a vast right wing conspiracy.

Bobby .Do you think a link of Obama to persons involved in the UN Oil for Food rip off and another connection to a person involved in the corruption of the Iraqi Ministry of Electricity under the CPA as "silly stories " unworthy of scrutiny ?

Mar 6, 2008, 04:42 PM
    love the irony .......Hillary won because of a vast right wing conspiracy.

Bobby .Do you think a link of Obama to persons involved in the UN Oil for Food rip off and another connection to a person involved in the corruption of the Iraqi Ministry of Electricity under the CPA as "silly stories " unworthy of scrutiny ?
    Hillary didn't win because of a right wing conspiracy. In fact Obama got more Republican support than she did. The information I provided yesterday was factual concerning Rush Limbaugh as opposed to the innuendo you're hoping sticks. Obama hasn't been found guilty of any illegal activity or criminal acts. Listen are the Republicans really going to run a "drag Obama behind the truck" campaign? Maybe there should be more falsehoods circulated claiming Barack to be a Muslim, or maybe take a page out Hillary's playbook and use computer graphics to darken his skin a little more in the ads. Watch as Obama starts hitting back against Hillary, and remember that she asked for it. You know if we could just scrutinize the candidates on the issues, that would be enough.
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2008, 04:51 PM
    That is correct ;he hasn't even been charged. Neither was McCain when the NY Times published rumors about an affair with a lobbiest . He took all the questions and did not bow out of the press conference after 8 questions.

Nor was Rudy charged with anything. But he has repeatedly had to answer questions about his association with Bernard Kerek . Why is Obama held to a different standard of scrutiny ? Doesn't these associations raise doubts or at least questions in your mind ?

Mar 6, 2008, 05:10 PM
    that is correct ;he hasn't even been charged. Neither was McCain when the NY Times published rumors about an affair with a lobbiest . He took all the questions and did not bow out of the press conference after 8 questions.

Nor was Rudy charged with anything. But he has repeatedly had to answer questions about his association with Bernard Kerek . Why is Obama held to a different standard of scrutiny ? Doesn't these associations raise doubts or at least questions in your mind ?

But what does the NY Times have to do with Barack? The New York Times is running a horrible rag. I can't say enough bad things about that paper. I have discontent with John McCain over issues. Actually it was useless information even if it were to be true. I have things to scrutinize Obama concerning, but more-so with Clinton and McCain.
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Mar 6, 2008, 05:17 PM
    Pretty good point, except I personally believe that politics does change the world, just painstakingly and annoyingly slowly.
    I would like to see obama win, I reckon he can make some good positive changes, (im an aussie so I can't vote for him though lolz)
    What astounds me is how weird and complicated the american democracy system is, over here we just have some advertising campaigns, maybe a few debates, then we vote for someone.
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2008, 06:52 PM
    that is correct ;he hasn't even been charged. Neither was McCain when the NY Times published rumors about an affair with a lobbiest . He took all the questions and did not bow out of the press conference after 8 questions.

Sounds like your blaming Obama for the actions of a newspaper. As Bobby said how is this his fault?

Rather than death riding someone and hoping they fail it may be nice for you to acutally hope they succeed to do good.
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2008, 03:10 AM
    No I am not blaming Obama except for creating this hypocritical illusion that he is above the fray. Finally Evita and the national press is beginning to scrutinize this guy . Turns out he isn't much different than the rest of them after all.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Barack Obama [ 20 Answers ]

6400 This thread is hereby established as a place to post POSITIVE attributes that apply to this canadate. Things that you find about this canadate that are positive. Due to all the negative press and mudslinging, having a place to come to post and read positive issues that apply to the...

Listening to Barack [ 14 Answers ]

From Charleston, SC: Barack paying homage to John Kerry for being a near traitor. And then the best description of "change" is take Washington back from the lobbyists and having students sell their freedom for a $4,000 tuition tax credit? What the hell is that? This guy is an empty suit selling...

Hillary lacks what Bill and Barack have? [ 4 Answers ]

Bill and Barack walk into a room with confidence and sex appeal; Hillary walks into a room expecting everyone to kneel. Recent polling in Iowa and New Hampshire shows Hillary winning the female vote for ages 65 and older; Barack is winning the younger females. Hillary figured to win the female...

Pillow not centered [ 1 Answers ]

We have a 24 foot above ground pool. We recently closed it for the winter. However, with high winds in our region, the pillow has moved to the edge of the poll and we can't seem to push it back to the center because there is ice on our pool cover. With the pillow not being centered, will this cause...

Pillow talk [ 2 Answers ]

My little granddaughter stayed over with me last night and slept in a travel cot - to stop any draughts getting to her I placed a large king size duvet around the base of the cot - every 6o secs she kept caughing - I gave her Tyxilix cought medicine every 3 hrs but to no avail - do you think that...

View more questions Search