Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Mar 10, 2008, 04:35 PM
    If it doesn't have a remote, how is it operated?

Chapman lives in the same city as me. I'm going to go look at it in person later this week.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 10, 2008, 07:02 PM
    Yep. With Favre retiring you don't have much to look forward to other than work. We folks in Chicago actually respected him too and could have liked him better if he didn't cream us so often. Tell us what you find. Bob
    Chapman Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2008, 07:14 PM
    Who's Favre?

Mar 10, 2008, 07:18 PM
    You are pulling my leg, someone from WI who does adore Brett Favre. Official Website of Brett Favre
    Uber Member

Mar 10, 2008, 08:14 PM
    Wow, and I was just in Chicago last weekend. I'll be back this weekend coming up.

I'm sure Chapman has heard of Favre, and is in denial, as I am.
    Uber Member

Mar 12, 2008, 08:03 PM
    How about, I went over and looked at it, and was just as stumped as her. And no make/model on the fan whatsover.

Then, as I was demonstrating "this is how light glass is normally removed" it popped right out! Despite the fact that I'd already tried this technique several times before.

Chapman was very hospitable, and not only gave me compensation for my time/gas, but also fed me! So everyone involved is happy.

A trick I gave her I will share with others: when reinstalling stubborn glass, coat the contact points with vasoline so it doesn't get stuck again.

Mar 12, 2008, 08:08 PM
    I have had similar troubles with bulbs lately and unscrewed several only to find out I had the glass only and the threads were still in the socket. I put a small smear of grease on the threads too.
    Chapman Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2008, 09:24 PM
    How about... THANK-YOU CEILINGFANREPAIR!!
    This awesome guy took time out of his day to make a house call and give it a go. I'm glad it gave him a hard time at 1st because I would have felt real stupid if it had surrendered peacefully. This very personable gentleman who has the skills to back up his confident advice should start his own ceiling fan house call service. Won't be needing the rock, brick or noose... he showed me how it works. It may not be rocket science, but this one had us all stumped. Thanks for going out on a limb... that's where the fruit is.
    Uber Member

Mar 13, 2008, 12:48 PM
    I used to do house calls and installations, but there's really not much of a market for it. I still get an occasional referral from local appliance repair shops, but I travel so much that it makes it sort of impractical on a regular basis.

Thank you, and you're welcome, Chapman for the above message.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for a Ceiling fan Light Cover [ 1 Answers ]

Iam looking for a Ceiling fan light cover for a Hampton Bay fan.. Model A seris Light Kit

I need a ceiling fan light cover [ 1 Answers ]

I have several apartments and use either Hampton Bay (Home Depot) or Harbor Breeze (Lowes) fans in them. The 2 fans look very similar. I have 2 broken light covers - one of each brand. It has a 9 1/2 inch opening. Every where I have looked I can get 9 or 9 3/4 or 10 inch openings, but not 9 1/2....

10hp motor, unknown brand no spark! [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 10hp motor. It has no spark. I tried testing the coil, but I think I did it wroung. What could be the problem?

Installing a light kit on a ceiling fan where a switch enables both fan and light [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay ceiling fan with three wires emerging from the top: white, black, red, and green. Presently the white, black, and green are hooked up to a switch and the fan works fine. The red is capped. The fan also has a chain which I intend on keeping on the medium setting indefinitely. ...

Changing 7 watt bulbs in moonglow ceiling fan purchased at Walmart(brand unknown) [ 1 Answers ]

Need secret to replacing 7 watt bulbs in moonglow ceiling fan? Access panels to small for hand. Cedric

View more questions Search