Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cjimejr Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2006, 08:31 PM
    College athletic recruiter
    Does anyone have information on how to become a college athletic recruiter?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 29, 2006, 08:45 PM
    A lot of recruiters work for what is considered counseling services where the high school student is marketed to colleges for fees that the student pays. Others may be hired by colleges to look for prospects.

This is some general info off a job hosting site

So basically you would normally be a past athelete nomally with a college degree. You will also need to be a good marketing person and good with communication skills

Recruiting Coordinator

The recruiting coordinator will be responsible for providing the athletes that will produce a championship team. Evaluating mostly football and basketball athletes, the recruiting coordinator will work with the recruiting staff, professors, administrators and coaches to evaluate candidates for scholarships. Recruiting takes patience, insights and the ability to be a great communicator. Speaking with teenagers, high school coaches and parents takes a tremendous talent. One must be able to convince the prospect that your school is " the " to attend. Before trying to influence the decision of the student/ athlete, the recruiter must be able to evaluate the skills on the playing field. Will the talent in front of you, become an event greater talent in five years, will a growth spurt help or in some cases hurt athletic performance. The recruiter must also be able to handle criticism. Coaches may complain that the athlete isn't everything that was expected, or the alumni members may be upset with the level of overall talent on the squads. Experience. A college degree combined with coaching experience is necessary. Resume Builders. Teaching and coaching at the high school or college level. Experience evaluating athletes. These tow things combined with organizational skills and communication skills. Salary Ranges. From, intro. - $17,000, average, $30,000, to the top, $70,000.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is Excelsior College a real college? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, if someone can please help me and let me know if Excelsior College's distance learning program is legally accredited, I would appreciate it very much. I would like to get a BS degree in Computer Information System through distance learning. I found that Excelsior College is perfect for this,...

College guy suddenly confusing college girl [ 4 Answers ]

So here's the deal: I entered college midyear. During my first week, I met this incredibly nice & cute guy. We hit it off. We spent hours just talking in his room. He drove me to the bookstore to get my books. We went out for fast food a couple times. Things got complicated when he decided to...

Starting college [ 2 Answers ]

I'm starting Uc irvine and I want to get a jump start on my major since I'm going to china for a year after this year. I have an issue choosing my major; I THINK physics is a good major. However my sister, BA and MBA from MIT in Computer crap, says I should do something like bIo engineering. I...

College [ 6 Answers ]

With colleges that require you to live on campus the first year or two, will any allow you to bring your baby with you? I know Longwood allows it in certain cases but I was wondering if anyone knew of others that did. If not does anyone know if those colleges will let you live off campus instead?

Athletic Board Agenda [ 1 Answers ]

I need to develop an Athletic Board Agenda format. Does anyone have an example of what another grammar school athletic board agenda would look like so I can use it for a reference. At present, we are using nothing and I need someplace to begin. Thanks.

View more questions Search