Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2008, 12:57 PM
    For One And All
    Seems that some are very pleased with the individuals running for President and some are not over excited with the choices.

If you could choose a canadate other then those still in the running who would you like to see as President and why?

I would be more then interested and excited if Colin Powell were in the running and I think I would love to see him as President.
    topladyj Posts: 323, Reputation: 13

Mar 5, 2008, 01:15 PM
    I think we may be screwed either way we go. We will just have to see I hate voting always wonder if I would be better with someone different. :)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 5, 2008, 01:19 PM
    This is the first year I am not interested in voting. I think I vote in my own write in candidate...

Allheart for President!! Whooppppeeeeee

Goodie Goodie Gumdrops!!
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Mar 5, 2008, 04:48 PM
    Colin Powell, Lou Dobbs, Joseph Lieberman (with exception to his stand on Iraq), and former President Ronald Reagan's son "Ron Reagan."

In an April 2003 interview, Reagan said, "The Bush people have no right to speak for my father, particularly because of the position he's in now. Yes, some of the current policies are an extension of the '80s. But the overall thrust of this administration is not my father's – these people are overly reaching, overly aggressive, overly secretive, and just plain corrupt. I don't trust these people."

He also strongly opposed the Bush administration's decision to invade Iraq. "9/11 gave the Bush people carte blanche to carry out their extreme agenda – and they didn't hesitate for a moment to use it," Reagan said. "By 9/12 Rumsfeld was saying, 'Let's hit Iraq.' They've used the war on terror to justify everything from tax cuts to Alaska oil drilling."
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2008, 05:02 PM
    Of the candidates that entered the race I was most excited about Fred Thompson. Unfortunately he was not as excited about it as I was.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 5, 2008, 05:06 PM
    Yes, I had a lot of hopes on Fred Thompson myself but was sadly disappointed at his jump from the gate.

But with all of the choices we have right now, at guess all you can say is it is not Bush again.
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2008, 06:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    This is the first year I am not interested in voting. I think I vote in my own write in candidate......

Allheart for President!!! Whooppppeeeeee

Goodie Goodie Gumdrops!!!
    Awwww J thank you :) GGG to you too.

Love you bunches.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Mar 5, 2008, 08:38 PM
    I suppose that Fred Thompson would have been my choice as well... but going forward, I am a conservative so I guess McCain is my only choice now.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Mar 5, 2008, 08:41 PM
    McCain, might be better then the others. Anything that happens down there in the states, effects us here in canada to. The relations seem to exceed or struggle depending on whose in office.

Obama, not so good. If it was only between Hilary and obama. I would say Hilary.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Mar 5, 2008, 10:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesushelper76
    McCain, might be better then the others. Anything that happens down there in the states, effects us here in canada to. The relations seem to exceed or struggle depending on whose in office.

Obama, not so good. If it was only between Hilary and obama. I would say Hilary.
    Good answer J. I am not too inspired by the group in total. But I surely do not want more controls or my taxes raised again.

Stringer
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2008, 10:50 PM
    Someone on AMHD has a signature which is a quote by Plato. I can't remember who uses it or exactly what it says, but. The quote describes me perfectly.
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2008, 06:44 AM
    How about someone not in the political world or who does not hold a political office currently... like...

Bill Maher? I kind of like him.
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2008, 06:54 AM
    I nominate Rex W. Tillerson
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2008, 07:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55
    I nominate Rex W. Tillerson

Wow - He does seem impressive there. I didn't know who he was, but I looked him up. He seems brilliant.

Wonder why someone like him would not run.

Thing is, there probably are hundreds of incredible people out there who could run and should run, but the way the expose your whole life, gosh is it worth it?

But Rex does seem like he would make a interesting option.
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2008, 07:06 AM
    As VP I select SEC Chair Chris Cox
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2008, 07:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55
    As VP I select SEC Chair Chris Cox

Another WoW - Heavy background in finance?

Also seems impressive and very bright.
    nicki143 Posts: 187, Reputation: 22

Mar 6, 2008, 10:16 AM
    I think you should AllHeart everyone would vote for you with your words of wisdom and encouragment
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Mar 6, 2008, 02:43 PM
    What about Robin Williams for President. (;
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2008, 08:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesushelper76
    What about Robin Williams for President. (;
    Which version? Mork? John Keating? Mrs. Doubtfire? Patch? Or the guy that grabs a fan's camera and takes a snapshot down his pants? There would never be a dull moment... :D
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2008, 09:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    But with all of the choices we have right now, at guess all you can say is it is not Bush again.
    You wouldn't know it by what's being said.

"John McCain’s remarks tonight shows why he’s offering nothing more than a third term of George Bush’s policies" -Obama campaign spokesman Bill Burton

The McBush Campaign Starts Today -Americans United for Change

Democratic National Committee: John McCain Offers a Third Term of George W. Bush

"With John McCain you get four more years of George Bush." -Ohio Democratic Party Chairman Chris Redfern

"Make no mistake, McCain is the closest Bush will have to a third term, and the White House will do anything to get him elected...We're working non-stop to beat John McCain and George Bush." -Tom McMahon Executive Director Democratic National Committee

"John McCain has worked hard on the campaign trail to portray himself as a "maverick" in Washington. But it's becoming clearer and clearer that a McCain presidency would just offer a third Bush term." -Tom McMahon

"John McCain gives George Bush the third term he always wanted." -Howard Dean

"During the whole course of the campaign, McCain lost ground among independents over his stubborn promise to deliver a third Bush term on the war in Iraq." -Mike Gehrke, DNC Research Director
    I wonder if they'll run against Dubya again in 2012? Anyway, my choice was also Fred Thompson. As for picking from anyone out there? I don't know, Rick Santorum? How about Ben Stein? I'd love to see a debate between Ben and Barack. ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search